04-22-2017 07:28 AM
sold my GoPro Hero 4 black and bought the Hero 5.... have tried using GoPro app for my Mac and I get the same authenticating....... problem.
Useless for me so far and nothing fixes it.
05-09-2017 11:36 PM
I have the same problem with hero 5 session. I can not login using gopro account nor facebook account.
After short investigation I can conclude, that the app is unable to use system proxy settings and there is no option (in the app) to set the proxy manually. The app is simply not capable connect to internet via proxy.
There are dozens of post regarding this problem with no solution provided. Upgrading your camera or your system obviously do not work.
Manual proxy setting in the app would be nice solution. I think I could be fixed in few days.
06-23-2017 11:34 AM
I had the same problem on my Windows 10 computer. Sometimes Quik wouldn't open at all, sometimes it got stuck at "Authenticating". I'm using Kaspersky Internet Protection anti-virus software, and when I disabled it temporarily, Quik opened without any problems. Maybe this could help in some cases.
07-26-2017 08:59 AM - edited 07-26-2017 08:59 AM
Just taken the plunge and bought my first GoPro (I know I know!) just trying to paly with Quik but cant get logged in at all. I'm on el capitan 10.11.6.
should it work with this OS? so far not so Impressed with the software!!
07-27-2017 10:02 AM
I'm on Mac OSX Sierra and experienced the same issue with authentication and resolved it by bypassing the internet proxy. As posted previously the root cause of the issue seems to be the app can't connect if an internet proxy is configured.
Here's what I did to fix the issue:
- disconnect from any VPN (if applicable)
- don't configure a proxy for http or https in your browser
- if you must use a proxy, select "auto proxy discovery" and "auto proxy configuration" options, rather than setting it manually
- do not configure https proxy - there is a known issue with java. gopro sites use https, but you don't need to set an https proxy in order to connect. http proxy will still forward the https traffic. https proxy is not widely used and known to be problematic.
- if none of this works, and you need to configure an http proxy, trying adding the gopro domain to the list of exceptions to bypass proxy in your browser advanced settings.
I hope that helps. I was able to resolve the issue fairly quickly with the above.