Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Re: Can`t login, still "Authenticating..:" without effect

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 10.06.17 PM.png
GoPro

Hello to all following this thread. I'd first and foremost like to thank you for your patience in dealing with your Quik Desktop Applications not moving past the login page with that "Authenticating" message. We have been trying to find a fix for the problem and it appears that a possible solution may have been found and posted on another thread in the Support Hub. See HERE

The proposed fix is to alter one of the files associated with the Quik App and you can do that by following these steps. Note that this solution is for Mac computers. 

We have seen this work for a number of users now. Please let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

Tourist

Hi @mattb - my hosts file already had the local host specified like the solution you mentioned. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. Still unable to use quik. It actually gets past "authenticating" immediately and instead says it is a user name/PW issue. Not true since i have verified the user and PW by logging into this forum.

@mowens - i have many gopro processes running including the one you specified. see the attached pic.

GoProServices.png

Again - happy to screenshare. I would really like to use this

Sightseer

go to your finder on mac click go then go to folder then type "/private/etc/hosts" click return/enter button on your keyboard then copy the hosts file on your desktop and edit as seen on the picture. that solve my problem.

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 5.40.07 PM.png
Tourist

Hi mattb, 

This is what worked for me.   Thanks so much for the help here!!   I can finally use my camera. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am on Windows 7 Enterprise and having the same issues.  I am using a wired internet connection and have wifi disabled in the adapter settings.  I am getting "The app needs an internet connection to sign you in" then "Login failed. Email or password are invalid".

Sightseer

Hi Team.

Now I can't access my desktop. Keeps coming up with this authenticating error. I am on windows. Please Help!!!!

Sightseer

Same problem here. Internet is fine; Quik isn't.