Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Can`t login, still "Authenticating..:" without effect

Same issue on Windows 7 Pro with Quik V 2.1.0.4563, red text saying no internet connection and GoPro account not recognized.

Greg.

Tourist

I have just had the same problem that was reported for MacOS Sierra users. I Quik Desktop version 2.1.0.5429. I have a resoluton that worked for me. I normally have my iMac connected to our network via an ethernet and Wifi connection at the same time. This allows me to use some MacOS features like AirDrop. Anyway, I decided to turn-off the wifi connection and leave the ethernet connection in place. I then re-started the Quik applicatioon and it automatically logged me into my account and allowed me to transfer footage to my hard drive. It might be that the Quik application was confused with two network connection operating at the same time.

Tourist

I have still the same issue on Windows 7 Pro, asked for some support at GoPro france but they are not really reactive...Is any one at GoPro working on that problem? 

PrtScr capture_2.jpg
Tourist

I cannot even use my gopro anymore due to this issue.  I cannot authenticate and cannot log onto the app and import my videos.  This is very troublesome. 

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

GoPro

For all of those with the hanging "Authenticating" message during login, can you please check to see if the GoProIDService process is running in the background at the time? Here's how you check for this:

Mac

1. Open Quik for desktop and try logging in so the "Authenticating" message appears.
  2. Open Activity Monitor
  3. Under the "Process Name" tab, look for the GoProIDService process.
  4. Let us know if that shows up

Windows

1. Open Quik for desktop and try logging in so the "Authenticating" message appears.
  2. Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc
  3. Under the "Processes" tab, please look for the GoProIDService process. Please note that the Processes tab is separated by "Apps" and "Background Processes". You'll want to look under the Background processes section to find this. If your window is blank when it opens, you may need to select "More Details" at the bottom left corner of that window to expand the selection.

Thanks!

~ Mowens

Tourist

Hello, the only processes I can see that have anything to do with gopro are these.   (I am getting them from the activity monitor)

• goproapp.devicedetection
  • GoProMsgBus

I have also attached an image.  I am a software debugger by trade so if there's more I can do to solve this……I believe I have the skills to help. 

Activity_Monitor__My_Processes__and_Quik_and_Reply_to_Message_-_GOPRO_SUPPORT_HUB.png
Hiker

nope i dont see that under Process Name. when im stuck at "authenitcating" i only see "GoProMsgBus" 

Hiker

same...