Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro

Re: Can`t login, still "Authenticating..:" without effect

Hi @alithegreat

Sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from them. There was an update released recently for Quik for Desktop. Kindly check if you have the latest version and see if this corrects the login issue. See details below:

Mac

Quik for Desktop v.2.6.1.713
Release Date: 5/10/2018

Should it still be the same after the new update, please contact our Support Team and refer to the same case number to have it re-opened/ followed-up. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

I got an email recently from aragon1006 saying that a new release was out as of 5/10/18 that may fix this issue. I have downloaded the new release and for me the problem is still the same and i am still not able to use the mac version of the quik software. This has been extremely frustrating as i am paying for a plus subscription and having to work around the issue by using an ipad which i do not prefer and have had to re-learn some of the software as it is different on the ipad. still in learning mode and still frustrated!

Tourist

stil the same after the new release. i wish gopro would seriously fix this problem

GoPro

Hello @alithegreat

Apologies for the inconvenience. Our team is still working on the issue following reports that we made from your feedback. We will keep you posted once updates are available. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

Still can't get past authentication on my Macbook Pro. I can however login through Windows 10, so the problem to me seems isolated to Mac OS - and I'm currently running High Sierra. Can the other mac users say what version they are on? Perhaps that is where the problem lies, since I believe the last time Quik worked for me was before the OS update. 

Tourist

honestly this has been going on so long that i have lost track of when it started. Probably late 2017 or January 2018. Seems like it has been around 6 months. I do think the problem is isolated to the mac version of the software. It seems like from what i have read that this is only mac users  complaining. If all of us that are plus subscribers ask for a refund, perhaps they will begin to notice and fix the issue.

GoPro

Hi everyone!

I am sorry for any hassles caused. This issue is still being worked on by the team in charge. We'll get back to you on this thread for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

It needs to be dismantled and re-engineered from the ground up from scratch.

There is something majorly wrong with the coding. There is a bug in the system somewhere which needs to be found and eliminated.

To me that is THE ONLY SENSIBLE thing to do, and while the coders are at it, how about adding support for multiple cameras as a lot of us use several cameras, for me it is on my kayak, using 2 cameras, but would like to add a 3rd camera for underwater shots.

I have reverted to using Apple's iMovie which allows camera in camera footage, but only for 2 cameras.

Seeing GoPro is THE GO TO CAMERA for the majority of sports people, it would be good to have this extra support to enhance the brilliant footage these cameras produce.