Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Can`t login, still "Authenticating..:" without effect

The Support Team can't help, they only sit there with manuals and try to decide the best way to sort out an issue, the App Developers need to re-engineer the program from the ground up. THEREIN LIES THE PROBLEM !!!!

GoPro obviously is ONLY INTERESTED in selling more cameras and hardware products and doesn't give a **bleep** about software, it doesn't make money from it, so, LOW DOWN ON PRIORITIY !!!!!

I will reiterate what I wrote a little time ago, I am surprised no-one from GoPro monitors this forum, every other piece of software I own, the company monitors their forums to help them improve their software by looking at issues that users experience, and use that to help them improve their product.

Tech Support only has what is written in front of them to try and help sort out issues. If it is bigger than that, as in the issues people here are experiencing they can't help.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi everyone!

If you continue to experience issues after the recent update, please contact our Support Team. They'll be gathering specific information to isolate where the issue is coming from.

Should there be a need to raise/escalate this to the team in charge then they will be able to do so.

Thanks!

EJ

Highlighted
Sightseer

Has anyone else had success after talking with the 'Support' team?

@aragon1006wrote:

Hi everyone!

If you continue to experience issues after the recent update, please contact our Support Team. They'll be gathering specific information to isolate where the issue is coming from.

Should there be a need to raise/escalate this to the team in charge then they will be able to do so.

Thanks!

EJ

Highlighted
Tourist

No success here. GoPro doesn’t seem to care about this issue. I ended up abandoning Quik on my Mac and switched to my iPad. I don’t think it works as well but my only choice at this point
Highlighted
Tourist

SUPPORT ????!!!!! Ha ha Ha ha Ha ha Ha ha    WHAT AN OXYMORON.

They DON'T have SUPPORT !!!!! 

What a joke this company is, they produce the best action camera in the world and can't SUPPORT the "supposed" editing software.

I have a very big lump on my head from banging my head against the wall with the stupid, idiotic useless responses they give.

They have NO F#$% idea about support.

SUPPORT means HELPING comsumers, this does not happen with this company, they need to LEARN ABOUT WHAT SUPPORT MEANS.

Am I angry, you bet your bottom dollar I am !!! I have gone back to Apple iMovie and able to do picture in picture from my 2 cameras on my kayak which is not supported with this useless piece of coding which is passed off as software.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello everyone, 

I appreciate you posting back. Not getting a resolution and having awaited a long time could really be frustrating. Let us help. There was a recently- released version for Quik for Desktop. If you have already downloaded the latest version (2.6.1) and the issue still persists, please check out the steps below and see if they help clear out the issue: 

There are a couple of things that might be causing problems signing into a GoPro Account through Quik for Desktop. Most of the time, it's caused by inconsistency with the account itself and not with the platform. Here are some things to check to get everything in order:

• First and foremost, confirm that you have an account by logging in through GoPro.com with your email address and password. 
  • If you are unable to login through GoPro.com, clear your Internet browsers cache/cookies and try again. 
  • Third, confirm that you have an account by attempting to "create a new account" with the same email address you have been using. If you get a notification saying that the email is already in use, go ahead and click "forgot password" and walk through the quick process to reset your password and get logged in.
  • Finally, check to see if there is an empty space in the email, or at the end of the email. This may happen if you copied and pasted your email address, thus causing the email to read as invalid.
  • If you are on a VPN or Proxy (often seen at business), you will not be able to log into your account through Quik for Desktop. 
  • Sometimes if you attempt to create an account or reset a password, you may not receive an account verification email from GoPro. This could be the result of a few different scenarios: The email was entered incorrectly during sign up, the verification emails are blocked by your email client (possibly being filtered to junk or spam), or there is a browser caching issue preventing the email confirmation from sending properly - do you recall receiving a confirmation link on your email when you signed up for your GoPro accounts?

If all of these have been done already and you still experience the same issue, please contact our Support team for additional troubleshooting steps including gathering computer logs from the device that you are using. I see that you have already contacted Support previously but it seems that the cases were closed without completing the additional troubleshooting process. If you can still recall your old case numbers, you can use them as reference. 

Many thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

i have gone through all the steps you presented. i did that before with one of your "support" reps. they said they were starting a case and would have someone call me back which never happened. i do have an account. i am able to login from my other devices and can use the software as intended from my ipad pro. the problem is with your ap for the macbook as this problem is broad and has been going on for quite some time. many people are affected and frustrated because the people at gopro don't have any interest in a solution. my way around it was to just use my ipad but that's not what i paid for and i think i should get a credit for all the time the mac platform is not working until yall get it fixed.

Highlighted
Tourist

here is my case number from march which no one ever called me back about