Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Can`t login, still "Authenticating..:" without effect

I have gopro6 and facing error while doing login from GoPro Quick from Macbook. It keeps Authenticating and never finish,

Can you tell me the reason, is it a bug or you are killing me 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Fed up with even comment sections too, Software guys need to do more hard work.
Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 11.07.08.png
Highlighted
Sightseer

OK, so it's now the very end of 2017, this bug has been rattling on for over a year and there still isn't a dependable fix for it? Latest OSX version, latest Quik version .... Authenticating ... NOTHING.

This is a bit of a joke really. Why has this bug been allowed to persist for so long?

And no, tagging it with 'SOLVED' doesn'r make it go away.

How about GoPro at least make the previous versions of Quik desktop readily available so that we can go back an try the old ones that worked? 

Do I need to switch to another camera vendor so that I can get software that works?

Highlighted
Sightseer

i have the same issue can get log in ....this not good i have problem with camera freezing too ....now this app gopro sucks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Tried this and still no success.  Thanks for posting.

GoPro -- My camera and Karma Grip are not communicating correctly.  The first suggestion you provide is to update the firmware on both.  I can update the camera through the iPhone app, but not the grip, so I'm stuck.  My products are literally not useable because of this ridiculous bug.  I have been contemplating buying a Fusion or Hero6, but will not consider either purchase until this is fixed!

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Best option then is to go ahead and contact our Support team directly at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs so we can troubleshoot what's going on with your camera and the Grip.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Well I have been reading all the messages, also the refered topic related issues and I have been trying everything without any luck. It's is a shame for GoPro that they can't solve this issue. 

Generally I believe that the quick software is rubbish. It has to many issues for some long time. Issues that I never had with GoPro Studio, not that that was a flawless pice of software, but at least you could work with it and add your music of choise. 

No GoPro Quick is not a step in the right direction. The login possibility should be given after you started to program fully. And it should not be mandatory. 

Well this been said - I have the issue as mentioned and experienced by hunderds of GoPro users. When can we expect a reliable solution. Please add on the GoPro download page at least the possibility to go back to GoPro Studio.

Ohhh guys I have an Internet connection that is 80mb / 28mb and my iMac works perfect, so did GoPro Studio.......

Highlighted
Tourist

same problem here

new macbook pro

i used quick for a while with no problem

now all of a sudden it gets stuck at "authenticating"

spoke with phone support and they tried all the stuff mentioned here... turning wifi off and on, plugging directly in via ethernet, checking the hosts file, etc. 

THEY SAID THEY WOULD RESPOND BACK TO ME IN 10 DAYS

THIS IS CRAZY!

Highlighted
Tourist

This issue has been ongoing for over 18 months now. Support, can't help, it is beyond them. Thay have a manual in front of them, if the issue isn't there, they are lost.

This program NEEDS TO BE RE-ENGINEERED from the ground up, why they are so bloody minded not to do anything about it has got me beat. There are 1,000s of GoPro out there, and a lot of people like myself want to produce high quality videos with these great cameras, and are hampered by a cheap, nasty and buggy program that doesn't do justice to the GoPro Brand.

They can spend mega bucks on R&D to improve the cameras, BUT, WHAT THEN ????? IT IS LIKE OWNING THE TOP OF THE RANGE HASSELBLAD AND NOT HAVING ANYWHERE TO GET THE FILMS PROCESSED, may as well give me a Rolls Royce without keys, same scenario.

OH well, I guess I am stuck with iMovie, better than nothing, and I calss Quik as close to nothing............