Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Can't import MP4 files into Quik

I have two MP4 clips I am trying to add to Quik but it is not seeing them when I choose scan on the media folder they are in.  Can you not add other MP4 files that were not GoPro video to start with?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Can't import MP4 files into Quik

@Anonymous - Quik is designed to work with content created on GoPro cameras.

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - Quik is designed to work with content created on GoPro cameras.

Thanks,

Jeff

Sightseer

This is disapointing since quik for iPad can import any videos that are on the ipad, even if they are not shot with the gopro.
I thought I could enjoy the app on the mac, but it won't work. Too bad.

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

It seems I can import the files, but not just open them from a folder? Is that correct?

Tourist

What if the MP4 files were originally GoPro footage?  I pulled the files off my GoPro Hero 5 Black and put them on my storage drive on my Desktop.  I then deleted the files of the GoPro so I would have more room on the SD card and I would not have to worry about it later. I then tried to add the media files (GoPro MP4 files mind you...the original source file) and Quik cannot even see the files in the folder. I have tried adding the folder mutiple times with no luck. The only way Quik seems to recognize the files is if they are still on the camera but they are arleady off the camera.  I want to add the GPS data and Quik is the only way to do that but apprantely GoPro won't let you do that once you take them off the camera.  

Sightseer

I am having this same problem. I pulled files off my GoPro onto my iPhone and then deleted them from the GoPro and transferred them to a folder on my desktop but now I can’t seem to upload them into Quik. Please help!
GoPro

Hi @greenpeak7226

Create a folder for the GoPro files then add the folder to Quik for Desktop.

See instructions listed on these links: 

How to Add Media Folders in Quik for desktop

How to Import Using Quik for desktop

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej