Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Can't Open GoPro exported files from GoPro Player (Mac)

[ New ]

So I just spent an hour edting videos using Player so I could make a Quik video and Quik can't see the exported files.

I exported from Player at highest quality, it saves .mov files and when I browse through Quik it says no files.

Now I see Quik is being discontinued, as in no longer available in the App Store, and yet you don't have any replacement option? AND the files your own application made are unusable by another official app?

What the hell Gopro?!

A friend up in BC Canada told me 'good luck' when I got my Max, and said his experience with your apps was very sub par, and he had moved on to Insta360. Kind of makes me wish I had returned this gift and either not had a camera or got the Inst360.

Help!!!

Frustrated in Gig Harbor.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Can't Open GoPro exported files from GoPro Player (Mac)

[ New ]

@barrywalstead, Quik for desktop will only find the original SOURCE files coming from a GoPro camera. 

Also, 360 or spherical media files captured by MAX or Fusion camera aren't supported by Quik for desktop app.

You can get full creative control of your GoPro footage with the GoPro FX Reframe plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro® and Adobe After Effects®. See GoPro Player for further details.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@barrywalstead, Quik for desktop will only find the original SOURCE files coming from a GoPro camera. 

Also, 360 or spherical media files captured by MAX or Fusion camera aren't supported by Quik for desktop app.

You can get full creative control of your GoPro footage with the GoPro FX Reframe plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro® and Adobe After Effects®. See GoPro Player for further details.

Tourist

[ New ]
So your official answer is that there is literally no way a 360 file captured on Max can ever be used in Quik?
That is ridiculous that your own apps create unusable files from on e to the other. I get Quik can't handle 360 files natively, but not letting it use files made into regular old flat video FROM THE GOPRO EDITING APP!!! is crazy. Like unacceptable customer service and customer experience.
I didn't want a camera, now I know exactly why.

So is this the final for all time answer? Use another camera if you want to be able to easily use 360 video? Like I would be happy if I had an Insta360 instead of my Max? Or is the replacement for Quik going to solve some of these ridiculous issues?
Tourist

[ New ]
Also, your 'solution' still doesn't let me use the easy editing functions/app you all advertised so much. I know I can use third party apps and make it happen, I didn't need you to tell me that. And you telling me that just reinforces my dislike of Gopro.