Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Can not download GoPro MAX to PC

Hi, I am hoping that you can help me. I recently purchased (Nov '19) an new GoPro MAX and after spending countless hours trying I can not download my files to my Windows 7 PC let alone begin editing them.

No matter what I do the GoPro VR Player will not recognise the files. It appears I cant use the other software (GoPro MAX Exporter) as it only looks to support Windows 10.

I am to the point that I wish I had never purchased the MAX not only for these difficulties but for the wasted/lost footage taken on a once in a lifetime holiday.

Cheers

GoPro

Re: Can not download GoPro MAX to PC

Hello @bravegorge74266

MAX produces .360 files (spherical videos).

You would need the GoPro Max Exporter to be able to view/render the files on your computer

GoPro MAX Exporter

How to Render Videos Using GoPro MAX Exporter

You can also use the GoPro app(mobile).

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Doesn't Exporter need Windows 10?

GoPro

Hello @bravegorge74266. Apologies for the confusion. Yes, the Windows Exporter needs Windows 10. If without a Windows 10 computer, you may use the GoPro App on a compatible device to be able to view and edit your footage. 

Tourist

Well after totally wasting over 2 hours of my life communicating with GoPro support I have decided that the MAX is a complete waste of money for me. They now tell me that they do not support any windows operating system older than windows 10 even though it says they do in the the specs. So after paying $800AUD for the camera I am expected to spend up to double that to upgrade my PC just to satisfy GoPro. Something I am not prepared to do as I currently have no problem uploading and editing 4K footage from my Hero 5 Black on this PC in its current configuration. Yes I know I can use the IOS APP to do what I want, but not being an 8 year old I don't want to be restricted to a phone size screen to do this. All in all this is by far the most disappointing purchase I've ever made and compounded by the lack of support and misleading information supplied by GoPro about what is needed to use their equipment I have no other choice than to abandon trying to use the camera and seek a more user friendly option from another manufacturer.