Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Brand new gopro hero8 doesnt work

My brand new GoPro Hero 8 isnt working.

It started fine for the first hour or so but now won't turn on properly. I get a froxen image when I turn it on. I have tried a bunch of suggested fixes. Most of the fixes i can't attempt as the go pro is un responsive. I have a fresh battery (I have also tried a fresh spare battery). I have formatted the SD card (supplied by go pro). I have started it with the card inserted and with out. I have tried "resetting" the GoPro but it's hard to tell what is happening when buttons are pushed  because nothing comes up on the screen except a "frozen" image of whatever it was pointed at at the time of turning on.

I am very unsatisfied. Your website is of very little help and navigating to some sort of help is problematic. I don't even know if writing this will go to the right department. I have called an 800 number and they direct me to the black hole of GoPro/help.

Please help me.

GoPro

Re: Brand new gopro hero8 doesnt work

Hi @snowywave1351,

Sorry to know that you're having problem with your new GoPro camera.

When you say frozen image how does it looks like?

Is it like a motorcycle?

If its a motorcycle it's just a sticker. 

You can peel it off. 

Can you please post a picture of your camera with the frozen image?

-Jay

Sightseer

That is silly. But I suppose there are plenty of people that this might the resolution.
I have resolved the situation over the phone with GoPro. The Camera is broken out of the box. They are sending me a new one.
Tourist

I have the same problem, and no it's not the sticker, since that was the first thing that came off the camera.

Camera starts up, takes the first frame of what ever it's pointed at, and freezes that image.
I can't update it's firmware, not through the app, since the bluetooth and wifi doesn't power up on the camera, and I can't do it manually either, and Quik can't even find the correct file to do so with, even though it says that there's an update available.

Oh, and I only had my camera powered on for 3 minutes, before it started doing this.

GoPro

Got it @ea42,

Have you tried updating the firmware of your camera manually?

If you already did please contact GoPro Customer Support for assistance. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

-Jay

Tourist

Yeah, but after 8-9 minutes of it beeping every 15 seconds, and turning on and off, and nothing happening, I tried starting it over, and still nothing after another 8-10 minutes.
GoPro

Got it @ea42

Please contact GoPro customer support.

They can help you with that.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Tourist

Thanks @graytree76514, will do.