Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Bought brand new Samsung 256gb card , brand new gopro max 360 . Saying not enough space,

Saying my sd is too full. It’s brand new and we formatted it from our computer, what is the problem 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Bought brand new Samsung 256gb card , brand new gopro max 360 . Saying not enough space,

Hi @alertdawn708,

Please reformat your SD card then install new camera firmware update manually. 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras

Check your camera after installing new firmware. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Bought brand new Samsung 256gb card , brand new gopro max 360 . Saying not enough space,

We did format the sd via computer. It took hours. Could that be why the gopro won't format it either. I tried several times on the gopro. Rehitting screen so it would not auto turn off. After over an hour. The gopro was getting hot and so I stopped to avoid over heating or damage
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @alertdawn708. Were you still getting the SD card full message when you put the SD card back into the camera after formatting it? Which Samsung SD card do you have? Is it among the recommended cards on this list

Highlighted
GoPro

Sounds like you need to format the SD card using the GoPro.  

1. Swipe down from the top of the touch display, and tap on the "PREFERENCES" icon.
  2. Swipe upward on the display to scroll down the list; tap on "Format SD Card."
  3. Tap on "DELETE."
  4. If your SD card is working correctly this should only take about 10 seconds to properly format your SD card. 

Never format your SD card from your computer.