Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Black screen playback Quick for macOS Sierra

Hi,

I tried a reinstall and it didnt make any difference. Just a note that all old Gopro files wont play either. Im on a Macbook pro 2.6 and a new macbook pro 2.7 and both have the same issue.

Both mac's have this HighSierra update and the older 2.6 Mac runs very slow.

I tried getting a refund from Gopro but no reply.

G

Highlighted
Tourist

Did yoiu ever resolve this black screen issue? I have not and no response from Gopro

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Sunnyvista, I still have a problem with the black screen. It seems some of us can resolve the issue by doing a clean install on Mac OS High Sierra, but clean install is a big job. It means I have to reinstall all my apps/programs in Mac (there are more than 40 programs/apps in my Mac) and re-rentry all the settings, just to make the Gopro Quik works again. This is crazy. I don't know how many Gopro Mac users are affected by this issue. I think GoPro support should help us resolve the issue as the app is really curcial for the editing process. It seems nobody in GoPro support care about this problem. So sad.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@greenmesa68216 - Sorry to hear you're still having issues with this. If you can reply back with the case number you received when you reached out to our Support team, I'll look into this and see if we can get you a better answer for your situation.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Hello i found how to fix it just install gopro studio premium from [Edit: Link Removed] and all fixes :)

Regards !

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi Everybody, hi Jefft,

I have the same problem as Sunny.... The black screen is still there on my MacBook Pro :( 

Best Reguards

Raff

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello 

I am suffering from the same problem since decembre 2017! Until now I was not able to fix it. 

GoPro should change the name in GoPro(blem)..

However, I use a Macbook Pro from 2015 and everything is up to date. 

Deleting files , reinstalling.. nothing seems to work. 

I give up. Go Problem...

Highlighted
Sightseer

While uploading my video on my Mac desktop. Everything was working just fine. I haven't update my MAC. After everything was completed  I started clinking on my videos; it only plays a play screen. i can here the sound only. now im going to try to update my MAC and see if that fis the issue.