Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Black screen playback Quick for macOS Sierra

Exact same problem,

I am Unable to play the video despite having updated everything on the Mac,  the Gopro 6 and  deistalling- reinstalling the Quik app several times. The video icons display but once I press to play the screen is black and I only hear the sound. 

Also just like you the video does play  on other applications.

I would really like to add telemetry data and seems to be possible only on the Quik app...do you guys have any suggestion of other application that I could use to download video plus telemetry/Gps data.

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Tourist

I experience exactly the same problem. I wonder why there is still no solution for this "black screen case." It worked before, when I bought my Gopro5. Now I cannot see any of my footages from Quik. I have to open another Mac apps just to see what I have been recorded. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem with the black screen. Please share the solution as soon as possible. I am losing patience with GoPro.

Highlighted
Hiker

Tried to check back with support, ironically...

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 9.41.01 AM.png

😂😂😂

Anyway, i have a small finding that may help them (Gopro support) resolve this or point all of us (abandoned customers) in the right direction. When i turn on one of the gauges, then the viseo shows up on the screen, although it is not smooth and lags. As more gauges you turn on, as more it lags. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 9.44.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 9.44.56 AM.png

Here is the video for better understanding what I am talking about

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5hps87tmepzptp/gopro.mov?dl=0

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you so much for sharing to us your finding. Yes, I can finally see the video footage by adjusting the gauge. However, the solution is not working for footages taken without the GPS data (when the GPS option was turned off in Gopro 5 camera), because I can't adjust the gauge for those footages.

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm still having this issue, have GoPro acknowledged there is an issue and they are looking at it?

Highlighted
Tourist

I spoke to gopro and they ask me to delete some file but still we were not able to solve the issue...Hoping on fix real soon until then I guess I’ll have to watch it in some other program and do without my GPS data that I was so much looking forward to 😞
Highlighted
Hiker

Hi all, 

i tried to do a clean install of macOS and thatt seems to work. The video playback functionality gets back to normal. However, it is not the easiest workaround. But it worked for me. Not necessarily that it will work for others, but very likely that it will. Here are the specs of my computer in case you are curious 

Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 9.15.21 PM.png