Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Black boxes appear on footage when using Reframe FX??

[ New ]

I've been testing out the Reframe FX plugin for Premiere Pro on my Macbook and noticed that these little black squares show up on my video whenever I try to edit. I assume this is some issue with the plugin since these squares are not visible on the GoPro Player software. I have tried changing my renderer and messed around with a few other things...no luck removing them. Any suggestions?

IMG_4545.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Black boxes appear on footage when using Reframe FX??

[ New ]

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@activeflar0545, we'd like to gather a few more details to help us further isolate the problem. What's the version of Premiere Pro installed? Also, it will help if you can provide us your workflow. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm running Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019. As far as workflow, I exported the equirectangular file from GoPro Player and then imported into Premiere Pro running a 1920x1080 sequence before dragging the Reframe FX plugin onto the file. Have also been editing a version in the 4x5 Social Media dimensions. Black squares show up in both versions.

GoPro

[ New ]
GoPro

[ New ]
This is a failure in the trig implementation within the integrated Intel GPU.  We have produced a test that confirm the Intel GPU issue, and potential fix. The test is here https://www.shadertoy.com/view/3tKXz3
If your PC or Mac shows color, please join the beta test group for a new version of the GoPro FX Reframe. Beta tester signup is here: https://forms.gle/KvUuVXAmQFy5YXUV8
BadGoodGPU.jpg