Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Big Sur broke Fusion Studio & now I cannot produce longer videos from Fusion camera. Any workaround?

[ New ]

Helpful advice about not upgrading to Big Sur was received too late! Upgrading broke Fusion Studio & now I cannot produce longer videos captured in GoPro Fusion camera. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Tourist

Betreff: Big Sur broke Fusion Studio & now I cannot produce longer videos from Fusion camera. An

[ New ]

würde mich auch interessieren :-)

Backpacker

Betreff: Big Sur broke Fusion Studio & now I cannot produce longer videos from Fusion camera. An

[ New ]

You're out of luck:

https://gopro.com/en/us/news/fusion-end-of-life

GoPro Fusion has reached it's end of life and will not be receiving any more updates (firmware or software).  As you've pointed out, Fusion Studio won't work with Big Sur.

I did read a rumor that an earlier version of Fusion Studio still works with Big Sur (version 1.2 I believe) so you can try hunting down a copy of that on the internet.

However eventually, these camera's and software will fail and there will be no fixes.  So your only option if you want to shoot in 360 is to upgrade.

Tourist

[ New ]

Tschüss GoPro Willkommen insta360 :-) Wie arrogant ist das dann? Eine Kamera von 2018 wird nicht länger unterstützt und ist Müll. Das war das letzte mal das ich eine GoPro genutzt habe. Zum Glück ist GoPro ja nicht mehr der Platzhirsch für Action Cams ;-) GoPro sollte sich echt überlegen wie es mit seinen Kunden umgeht...

Backpacker

[ New ]

I agree, it's extremely disappointing that they discontinued support for this camera.  Considering they originally sold them for $700 a piece, you think they'd do their best to help customers out.

However....  the GoPro Fusion is a bit of a dog of a camera with issues that were never resolved.  GPS doesn't work if the SD cards get too full.  If you try to delete footage from the app, it deletes the video files but leaves the THM, LRV and WAV files on the camera which will eventually fill your SD cards even though the app shows them as empty.  Disconnection issues when the SD cards are almost full.  

Then there's the whole thing about having to stitch the footage on the desktop and how long it takes (even with a very powerful PC).  The GoPro Fusion Studio was prone to crashing thanks to a memory leak issue that was never fixed, and there is the distinct lack of GPS support anywhere.  

At the end of the day, the GoPro Fusion (and software) was just too problematic and with low sales it was just too high a cost for GoPro to have a team dedicated to working on Firmware and Software for the camera.  

Even the Max has a myriad of issues and I certainly won't be buying one anytime soon.

The insta360 is not without issues either and I honestly think that shooting 360, while great, it still too much in it's infancy to be worth the effort or time.  

I'll keep using my Fusion camera's, but the day the software finally doesn't work on my PC (and the app drops supports for the camera's too), I'll simply be throwing them into the e-recycling bin.

Tourist

[ New ]

Danke für deine Antwort...

Naja dann sollte GoPro ein Trade In Programm anbieten quasi als Wiedergutmachung für entäuschte Kunden. 

Backpacker

[ New ]

GoPro do offer a trade in program at certain times of the year, but it's only for people who are very very bad at math.

Example

GoPro Bundle Camera with selfie stick, extra battery, SD card = discounted price $399

GoPro trade in deal = $100 off the price of a camera.

However that's $100 off the FULL price of the camera.  Full price of the camera is $499  The camera does not come with a selfie stick, extra battery or free SD card.   So you pay $399 and receive the camera only.

So never ever ever do the tradeup deal.  Sell your camera on ebay and use the money against the discounted bundle deal.

Remember, GoPro are in the business of making money and if they don't legally "have" to compensate customers, then they won't do that.  The fact is if you have a GoPro Fusion, you'll be lucky if it's got 1 - 2 years life left in it.  

Tourist

[ New ]

danke für den tip :-)