Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

If you read back through the comments you'll see that some people already have it.  Mind you, their could have been a limited number of places available, or they could be swamped with applications.  Since beta testers have to sign an NDA, it's most likely you won't hear much about it until you're approved.

I also stumbled across a beta tester link for a new FX reframe pluggin (since the last one didn't 100% do the job), must find that again.

Highlighted
Hiker

I just received the beta. There is no NDA, so let me tell you - the Beta is garbage. Pure garbage. In the email they state the beta only has functionality to 'Playback" 360 footage. There's no exporting or reframing. Now let me tell you why it's pure garbage - it crashes upon opening any .360 file from the max. So not only is it only supposed to playback footage, but it cannot even do that.

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

I got the Windows-only Beta of GoPro Player as well and to be fair to GoPro, they do explain very clearly that the 1st Beta is a player only and that it will not play Cineform, only the .360 raw clips from the Max and that all other functions are switched off..and it does just that, it plays smoothly on my Windows 10 machine....

According to the email I received, the other iterations of the Windows Beta are to be released later so it appears that they are phasing in the Windows version of the player.

They are late coming to the party to get Windows software sorted out, there's no excuse for that for sure but maybe you should have a look at the specs of your machine or try on another machine....just saying....

Highlighted
Hiker

'To be fair' - Yes, it's been 4 months since release and to be fair they should certainly have more than just a player. As I stated, it crashes as soon as I try importing a .360 file. Here my my specs below. Would you mind sharing yours?

Ryzen 3900x 12core cpu
Asrock x570 Taichi
32 GB Team Dark pro 3200 cl14
MSI 1080 to Gaming X
2x 1tb WD sn750 M2 nvme sad
1tb Samsung sata SSD
20tb raid 5 file server
Windows 10
All drivers up to date

I should add that my system is stable and I have no issues with other programs.
Highlighted
Nomad

That’s one hellava spec you have there, mine sure is nowhere near that, it’s a bog standard, common or garden, off the shelf, laptop with a little bit of ram and middle end graphics but the Beta player works, what can I say? I also have a 16MB RAM, 2017 MBP suffering from the dreaded stage light effect so use a extended secondary screen and GoPro Player works fine there as long as I don’t have too much going on in the background, it can handle the raw footage and doesn’t take too long to render out equirectangular 5K 360 clips for reframing in PP...2019 version with the older plugin...2020 version of PP is just not playing nicely with the reframe plugin.......
Are there any other reports of the new Windows Player beta crashing?
Highlighted
Hiker

So, has anyone else experienced issues with the GoPro Player Beta for Windows? I've tried reinstalling and looking into the crash dump. Nothing...

I've sent an email to the gopro beta address and, in typical GoPro fashion, dead silence...

Highlighted
Tourist

Trying to install the VR Plugins on my Mac running Premiere Pro CC 2020. The plugins were working fine on a windows machine running the same version, but I can't even install the plugins on Mac. I've installed both Fusion Studio 1.3 and 1.4 beta and when I try to run the installer for the plugin's, Premiere is always greyed out and it tries to "Update" the After Effects plugins, but when I run After Effects they're not there either.

I even tried manually installing them into each application's plugin folder. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Attached is a picture of the error I get.

Someone please help, I'm absolutely loosing my mind.

PR error message.png
Highlighted
Nomad

These instruction may help, i do know that the older beta VR plugin for Fusion is installed in a different location to the new FX plugin for Max.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/install-gopro-vr-plugins/td-p/272903/page/2