Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Reply
Highlighted
Nomad
Posts: 4,114

Re: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

What features were demo'd?  What's the app missing?

Highlighted
Hiker
Posts: 25

Re: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

[ Edited ]

@irishmanpdx wrote:

What features were demo'd?  What's the app missing?


How about a functioning windows application that doesnt have memory leaks with cineform (which is gopro's own codec) that requires a ridiculously terrible work around due to terrible programming. Both 1.3 and Beta 1.4 have this issue....

 

@irishmanpdx, you are so defensive when responding to other's responses (almost like you're the owner of GoPro) but when someone asks you about your own false comments, you just ignore it. How about a response to my last post? 

 


@irishmanpdx wrote:

GoPro are currently working on new Windows 360 software at supports both the Max and the Fusion.  This is why GoPro Fusion Studio hasn't been updated, why spend the time and resources fixing old broken software when the time would be better spent working on newer software that supports the type of key framing and reframing we've seen available for other platforms.  This is also why the feedback tool was disabled, again, they aren't going to pay people to fix software that they aren't developing  (GoPro Studio anyone?)




@irishmanpdx Can you please send us the info that says the new version will support the fusion? The Mac version only supports the Max, and not the Fusion (when it comes to stitching which is a pivotal part of support). You still need to stitch in fusion studio and then IF you want to reframe you can use the Max software (if you don’t want GPS information since it doesn’t support that for fusion). Given the architecture of the Max vs. Fusion, by ditching Fusion Studio, they are actually probably doing more work if they are incorporating it into the Max software and starting over from scratch.

You help perpetuate this problem.....

Highlighted
Tourist
Posts: 2

Re: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

[ Edited ]

What's up with these high-post forum members defending the Fusion to it's core when the app didn't work with high-end Android phones like S7/S8/S9 & GoPro discontinued further updates to resolve these & many more issues. The Fusion was a lemon of a product. These high-post GoPro defenders want to keep on getting product samples for free & are complete sell-outs to keep the gravy-train coming. Disgusting & dishonest shills.

Highlighted
Hiker
Posts: 25

Re: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

[ Edited ]

@superpeak86727 wrote:

What's up with these high-post forum members defending the Fusion to it's core when the app didn't work with high-end Android phones like S7/S8/S9 & GoPro discontinued further updates to resolve these & many more issues. The Fusion was a lemon of a product. These high-post GoPro defenders want to keep on getting product samples for free & are complete sell-outs to keep the gravy-train coming. Disgusting & dishonest shills.


It is frustrating, but the one thing I can at least have some solace in is the fact that my experience with these people and GoPro customer service has at least made me never purchase another GoPro device and, more importantly, has radicalized me to ensure no one I know ever purchases these devices again. I'm now the anti-sales rep for GoPro due to the lack of support I've recieved from the company and the clear bias of the people who think they're GoPro experts defending the company with false promises and a bunch of lackluster and unfactual assumptions.

 

Who knows, I might have purchased a Max if I thought it was a one off issue. But it's clearly not. 

Highlighted
Hiker
Posts: 75

Re: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

[ Edited ]

I've also become one of the anti-sales reps for GoPro. I wasn't burned by the Fusion, but by the Max. The camera randomly turns on and kills the battery, so I have to pull and insert it everytime I want to use it. It doesn't power on manually either unless I pull the battery. Then there's the software for it, which is just plain terrible. It lacks the features GoPro advertised and is slow and buggy even on my new high-end desktop. To add insult to injury, their support is atrocious. Steered two people away from GoPro last week at a ski hut. They were enamoured by the prospect of 360 footage with the Max, but a couple of true stories from my experiences have luckily steered them away from making the same mistake.

Highlighted
Hiker
Posts: 25

Re: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

[ Edited ]

@snowybeach71243 wrote:

I've also become one of the anti-sales reps for GoPro. I wasn't burned by the Fusion, but by the Max. The camera randomly turns on and kills the battery, so I have to pull and insert it everytime I want to use it. It doesn't power on manually either unless I pull the battery. Then there's the software for it, which is just plain terrible. It lacks the features GoPro advertised and is slow and buggy even on my new high-end desktop. To add insult to injury, their support is atrocious. Steered two people away from GoPro last week at a ski hut. They were enamoured by the prospect of 360 footage with the Max, but a couple of true stories from my experiences have luckily steered them away from making the same mistake.


Same. Since the Insta360 One R was announced I've steered 3 people away from the Max to that device! I consider that a success.


I'm also going to keep calling out @irishmanpdx to respond to my question since he's one of the biggest false propponents on here that gives incorrect information to individuals hoping to make an informed decision.

 

For reference: 


@irishmanpdx wrote:

GoPro are currently working on new Windows 360 software at supports both the Max and the Fusion.  This is why GoPro Fusion Studio hasn't been updated, why spend the time and resources fixing old broken software when the time would be better spent working on newer software that supports the type of key framing and reframing we've seen available for other platforms.  This is also why the feedback tool was disabled, again, they aren't going to pay people to fix software that they aren't developing  (GoPro Studio anyone?)

 



@swifthike8236  wrote:






@irishmanpdx Can you please send us the info that says the new version will support the fusion? The Mac version only supports the Max, and not the Fusion (when it comes to stitching which is a pivotal part of support). You still need to stitch in fusion studio and then IF you want to reframe you can use the Max software (if you don’t want GPS information since it doesn’t support that for fusion). Given the architecture of the Max vs. Fusion, by ditching Fusion Studio, they are actually probably doing more work if they are incorporating it into the Max software and starting over from scratch.
Highlighted
Nomad
Posts: 4,114

Re: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

You'll have to forgive my lack of reply on this one, I actually had to fly back to Ireland due to a death in the family and have been out of contact.  So thank you for your continued support while I was gone and your insistance on calling me out, it warms my heart to know I'm so thought of.  Smiley Tongue

 

Sarcasm asid, look, honestly, I'm just going to put it out there, I'm in the same boat when it comes to the Fusion (no false claims here!).  I bought two fusions when they were brand new only to find my phone didn't support the mobile app (which at the time was horrible) and I had to invest in a brand new laptop just to use Fusion Studio.  Fusion Studio 1.3 didn't render half the footage (errors would pop up or it would frequently crash).  I kept hoping for new software and updates and the closest we got was Fusion Firmware 2.0 beta and GoPro Fusion Studio 1.4 beta (which would crash unless you disabled processor cores for rendering).

 

When rumors of the GoPro Fusion 2 (now known as the Max) surface I thought I was screwed.  I thought that GoPro would do everything that they could to concentrate on the Max and dump any further development for the Fusion.  After all, the Max was supposed to do it's stitching in camera, so why bother working on an outdated stiching program for the Fusion?

Thankfully I was wrong, very very wrong!

 

GoPro basically scrapped their old App (Quik) and start with a new version of their app which combined Quik (stories) with the GoPro app.  The app developement while looking similar was basically a teardown and start from scratch in order of how it functioned.  However when the first public beta was released, I was shocked to find out that it didn't just support the Max, it also supported the Fusion.  Not only that, my old Samsung S3 tablet, which never worked with Fusion, now suddenly supported it!  Editing with the app was hugely improved and the 360 stability was muchly improved.  Not only that, but since I joined the public Beta testing, I was able to make suggestions and give direct feedback on how the app functioned and what I'd like to see in it.  Guess What?  GoPro actually listened to people and started implimenting the suggestions.  Mind you, it takes a while for some changes to be implimented but it got there and is still being improved and going forward based upon users feedback. 

 

Now as everyone knows, working on a mobile app is nowhere near as good (quality wise) or as quick as working on a decent PC.  Which brings us to the subject of software for the PC.  As you are aware, the GoPro Fusion Studio 1.4 isn't a great solution.  It will (mostly) stitch video and photo's, but that's about it.  You also need a workaround for Fusion Studio to stop it from crashing during a render.  As I understand it, the GoPro Max windows software also has huge issues as it's only an exporter tool and you cannot get the surround sound to work in the latest version.  So why do I keep insisting that there's new software coming?

 

First of all it was mentioned several times during my time here on the support forums.  Also, if GoPro want to survive as serious competitor, it's not the camera's they need to concentrate on, it's the software.  The only way to survive is to make sure you have the better software, after all, people don't mind buying cheaper camera's, the only way to pull ahead is to make better software and an easier user experience.  So it makes business sense to come out with the best software out there (which come on, let's face it, GoPro hasn't been a stunning success here).  

 

What's not likely to happen is for GoPro to continue to update buggy software that doesn't work, so it's doubtul we will see any further Fusion Studio updates or Quik for windows updates.  Quik doesn't play nice with the GoPro Hero 8 and Fusion studio is buggy, it crashes often and it only allows you to export a fixed field of view.  Hence the reason you haven't seen any updates for these two pieces of software.  If they take a lesson from their mobile app, it would be that instead of having different programs for each camera (Quik for GoPro 2,3,4,5,6,7 +exporter for Max + Fusion Studio for Fusion + some new software for Hero 8) they should have 1 goto piece of sofware for all camera's.  After all, if you own multiple camera's, which would you prefer?  1 program that does everything or to have to use several different programs?

 

So when considering all of the above, this all points to one thing, and that is new software is coming.  After all, how could GoPro continue to acquire customers and retain current customers without having the proper software support.  However GoPro is playing catchup in this field and they are behind the ball.  

 

Of course as @swifthike8236 pointed out, all of this could be conjecture, guesswork and maybe GoPro have no intention of ever working on a windows based piece of software for our camera's at all therefore leaving us Fusion and Max owners out in the cold (where certain buttons may not work...yeah.... i went there...).  This is why he's asking for proof that software is coming that supports Fusion and Max.  GoPro's official response has been.................  well nothing.  Not seen a darn thing, so I honestly think GoPro deserves a ding for that.  I mean, come on, give people some hope right?

 

Well since GoPro are being quiet, I'm sharing a link that was hidden away in the darkest part of the internet........ well ok it was on Facebook but that's the same thing...

 

official beta invite for the GoPro Player for both Windows and macOS 

 

This was also shared on the GoPro twitter feed by David Newman, head of software at GoPro.  You'll also notice the Facebook page mentions both the Max and the GoPro Fusion.  Smiley Happy

 

So what does this mean for all us unhappy, disgruntled and dis...otherwords Fusion and Max owners? (sorry, still jetlagged here)  It means that GoPro are working on new software for our 360 camera's (while not bothering to make a nice annoucement on the forums where it would be very welcome).  I would also URGE you to join the beta testing group.  The more owners out there that can test the app, the quicker the app gets developed and bugs get worked out.  It's also a great way to suggest and impliment features that YOU want to see in the app and that's what matters most, ask for what YOU the USER wants, otherwise you're leaving it up to someone who may not even shoot with a 360 camera to decide what features are needed...  yikes!

 

 

 

 

Highlighted
Nomad
Posts: 160

Re: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

[ Edited ]

I've applied, a week back, no answer.....has anyone who applied has any feedback or received the beta?