Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Beta Updates for Fusion and for GoPro Fusion Studio Now Available

Totally agree that GoPro has dropped the ball. They promised updates which didn't come and they should be investigated for breaching consumer laws.

Highlighted
Nomad

What are "consumer laws" and which of these laws did GoPro breach?

Please be specific.

Highlighted
Tourist

Came here to say the same -- why has it been a year with no updates? I'll switch to another 360 camera brand if this is how GoPro is going to do updates.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

As someone that purchased the Fusion for $249, last year, I've been happy with using the Beta firmware and Desktop software. It works great on my Macintosh with a Pro Res workflow.

If I had paid the original price for it and see it basically 'abandoned' 2 years later, I'd be livid.

Definitely disapponting that they haven't even bothered to at least make the current beta(which I find very stable) into a final release version just to say that development hasn't completely stopped.

So in my case, I'm continuing to use the camera and software and enjoying it for what it is-- an awesome, but "flawed" tool.

Highlighted
Nomad

I have upgrared to Premier Pro 2020 and installed the latest refame plugins from GoPro, used the plugins to reframe MAX footage with no issues but rendering failed and I started getting "low level exceptions" notices for all the reframed clips...deleted the plugin, re-installed it, reframed again, no issues but always start getting these exceptions during rendering and from then onwards...had to remove the plugin and start over with the older VX plugin...

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Nomad

GoPro are currently working on new Windows 360 software at supports both the Max and the Fusion.  This is why GoPro Fusion Studio hasn't been updated, why spend the time and resources fixing old broken software when the time would be better spent working on newer software that supports the type of key framing and reframing we've seen available for other platforms.  This is also why the feedback tool was disabled, again, they aren't going to pay people to fix software that they aren't developing  (GoPro Studio anyone?)

For this complaining that the Fusion hasn't been updated in over a year, what update does the Fusion need?  It does exactly what it says on the tin and the beta 2.0 firmware was just that.  A Beta that gave the camera EXTRA functionality beyond what was promised.  If you're unhappy that it's a beta, don't install it.  

If you're having issues with the new FX Reframe pluggin, you need to contact GoPro and let them know, you also need to send them the list of specs for your machine and a description of the issue that you're having.  

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]
“ GoPro are currently working on new Windows 360 software at supports both the Max and the Fusion. This is why GoPro Fusion Studio hasn't been updated, why spend the time and resources fixing old broken software when the time would be better spent working on newer software that supports the type of key framing and reframing we've seen available for other platforms. This is also why the feedback tool was disabled, again, they aren't going to pay people to fix software that they aren't developing (GoPro Studio anyone?)”

Can you please send us the info that says the new version will support the fusion? The Mac version only supports the Max, and not the Fusion (when it comes to stitching which is a pivotal part of support). You still need to stitch in fusion studio and then IF you want to reframe you can use the Max software (if you don’t want GPS information since it doesn’t support that for fusion). Given the architecture of the Max vs. Fusion, by ditching Fusion Studio, they are actually probably doing more work if they are incorporating it into the Max software and starting over from scratch.
Highlighted
Tourist

Unless you work for GoPro and can speak about their product roadmap, or can link to where they made these promises _and_ some sort of justification for why to believe them this time, I'm not really interested hearsay about how they're working on the latest and greatest next thing and "next time, it'll work." Fool me once and all -- we're still seeing features demo'd before the launch of the Fusion and Hero 7 that never made it out to the mobile apps.