01-15-2019 12:25 PM
Happy New Year!
We’re happy to announce some exciting updates to Fusion, GoPro Fusion Studio and the supporting Fusion plug-ins. These updates and features are being made available as a public beta.
New Firmware v2.0 (Beta):
- New 5.6K/24fps video mode (captured at 5.8K resolution and stitched to 5.6K). This new mode pushes the image quality of Fusion even further, both in resolution and internal image processing, while delivering a cinematic 24fps.
- New 5.6K/24fps time-lapse video mode.
- RAW photo support for night and time-lapse modes with intervals of 5 seconds or longer.
- General bug fixes.
New GoPro Fusion Studio v1.4 (Beta):
- Adds 5.6K exports for the new higher resolution 24fps mode.
- Adds support for importing time-lapse photo from sub-folder folders, when using Adobe Lightroom rendered GPR RAW time/night-lapse sequences.
- Adds a preference control to import long videos in separate chapters for faster imports.
- Adds support for importing Fusion clips without .LRV files.
- Improved stabilization quality for all modes (particularly for 24fps).
- Improved stitch quality for videos with large exposure differences between front and back lenses.
- Enhanced image processing to improve outputs for all modes.
New Adobe Premiere CC 2019 and Adobe After Effects CC 2019 plug-ins:
- Updated GoPro VR plug-ins for Adobe Premiere CC 2019 and Adobe After Effects CC 2019.
Full details and downloads are available at https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-2-0-beta-update-for-your-gopro-fusion
01-23-2019 01:54 PM
Not sure if there's a place for official feedback for these updates, but here's what I have.:
The camera defaulted to 5.6K @ 24fps on "auto" (no protune selected) but I found the footage to look darker and slightly more orangey than the previous Firmware. I have 2 Fusions, so I'll try to load one of them back up with the older firmware and do a side by side comparrison.
When I go to delete files from my camera by using the GoPro app, it seems to work just fine. However when I load the back memory card into the PC and read it, I find there's a whole bunch of WAV files in there that haven't been deleted from previous recording sessions. I'll do another test run this evening and see if they are deleted by completing the operation directly from the camera itself.
GoPro Fusion Studio 1.4:
With previous versions, if there was a file mismatch (caused by not marrying up the front file and back file) it would skip these files and marry up the next file. However with the new version, if there's a file mismatch the program stops the import completely brings you back to the "Browse camera" & "Add media" screen.
Adobe Plug-ins for 2019:
These worked just fine on my system, I was so glad to finally be able to use Adobe 2019 with the VR plug-in.
01-24-2019 01:17 PM
Nothing to it really. I actually run both Adobe Premier 2018 and 2019 on my system. Make sure that you install both of these programs first and then reboot your pc or laptop. After that, run the GoPro Fusion Studio setup and then run the GoPro VR Plugins setup.
01-25-2019 12:39 PM