Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Authenticating/ Login Problem

Authentification/Login Problem in GoPro Quik on MacOS

So, i first downloaded the software, which is compatible with my macOS 1.11.6 and installed it. Now the problem is simple... When I start Quik i have to login with my data. But if i click login it will start to authenticate and won't finish this process. 

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-15 um 18.33.22.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Authenticating/ Login Problem

Hello @janicb61032

Please try these steps: 

Click GO in finder and GO TO FOLDER
Then please type  /private/etc/hosts then press Go
Copy the host file on your Desktop. 
Click open the "host" file and put in 127.0.0.1 localhost at the location. Save the File, then put it BACK the same folder it will ask you to replace it, this should work.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for your answer. If i try to open the "folder" /private/etc/hosts, a message will appear which says that the folder wasn't found.Search fails

In the /private/etc folder is a file called "hosts.equiv". This file is clear, and nothing is in it. When i tried to fill in "127.0.0.1 localhost" it does not change something with my problem. It does still always says "Authenticating".

Thank you for your answer,

Janic

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same problem.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @janicb61032 and @marcusb3854. Our Support team will be able to walk you through the steps. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .