Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

App keeps saying that i need a internet connection and won't start. I do have connection.

Can someone please help me. The app won't start due to the alarm "the app needs an internet connection to sign you in". I clearly have internet connection though. what do i need to do in order to get the app started?

Snip Go Pro app.PNG
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: App keeps saying that i need a internet connection and won't start. I do have connection.

Hello @pieterv02756

Do you already have a GoPro account? If you do not have one yet, you will need to create one. Verify first that you are able to log-in to your account through gopro.com/login

Which version of Quik for desktop do you have? Are you working on a Windows, or a Mac computer? Before you try again, make sure you have the latest version of the app on your device (latest version is 2.6.2). It will help to uninstall and re-install the app. Clear cache and cookies, delete browsing history and try again. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: App keeps saying that i need a internet connection and won't start. I do have connection.

Also get the same error message when trying from our office. Is there a proxy setting available for Quik? Its ver 2.6.2.841 on Windows 10.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @sqcteste0

As this maybe related to particular settings on your computer, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team for a more personalized support. You can reach them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius