Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

All video hilights deleted when a video is edited in the GoPro Quik app for desktop

Is anyone else finding this happening? When I edit a video in the GoPro Quik app for desktop, it deletes all the hilights from all of my videos.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: All video hilights deleted when a video is edited in the GoPro Quik app for desktop

@alisonp0, no, it will not. The Quik for Desktop will still reload the media files into the app after the reset.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: All video hilights deleted when a video is edited in the GoPro Quik app for desktop

Hi @alisonp0

Did you edit the file itself or via create mode?

Would you be able to share a video of your workflow?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I double clicked on a video in Media. I edited it using the "Create a Clip" tool. The clip was saved to Edits. When I went back to Media, all of my HILIGHTS were gone from every single video. Probably more than a hundred hilights wiped.

Is it meant to function this way, or is this a bug? It's not very nice functionality. It makes it pointless using hilights if they're going to be wiped each time you use the app to make a clip.

This has happened to me more than once now. :-(

Highlighted
GoPro

@alisonp0, no, the app shouldn't automatically delete HiLight tags on all of your media after using the "Create a Clip" tool. These tags can only be deleted manually by going through every single clip. See Quik for desktop Common Questions for more details.

If it helps, you may attempt to reset the app by following these steps: 

1. Open Quik for desktop 
  2. While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window 
  3. Select "Restart with default settings" 
  4. A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more. 
  5. Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time. 
  6. Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.  
Highlighted
Tourist

Will the reset remove all the media that is currently sitting in there?

Highlighted
GoPro

@alisonp0, no, it will not. The Quik for Desktop will still reload the media files into the app after the reset.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you very much for this solution. I did the reset and now my Hilights are all back. Yay!