02-11-2020 05:14 PM
Is anyone else finding this happening? When I edit a video in the GoPro Quik app for desktop, it deletes all the hilights from all of my videos.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-13-2020 03:56 AM - edited 02-13-2020 03:57 AM
I double clicked on a video in Media. I edited it using the "Create a Clip" tool. The clip was saved to Edits. When I went back to Media, all of my HILIGHTS were gone from every single video. Probably more than a hundred hilights wiped.
Is it meant to function this way, or is this a bug? It's not very nice functionality. It makes it pointless using hilights if they're going to be wiped each time you use the app to make a clip.
This has happened to me more than once now. :-(
02-18-2020 10:45 AM
@alisonp0, no, the app shouldn't automatically delete HiLight tags on all of your media after using the "Create a Clip" tool. These tags can only be deleted manually by going through every single clip. See Quik for desktop Common Questions for more details.
If it helps, you may attempt to reset the app by following these steps:
- Open Quik for desktop
- While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window
- Select "Restart with default settings"
- A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more.
- Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
- Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.