Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Adding Hilights in View doesn't import to Create Mode?

[ New ]

When I go through each clip in Quik "view" mode (double click on a clip) , and add hilights (show up as orange dots) , then I go over to "create mode" and none of the hilights come through either as a dot or in the video to be created.  so my Question is:

1. In Quik, What good is adding hilights in the view mode?  

and

2. Why can't I then import the hilights to the "Create Mode" from the "View mode"  and make a "quik" video using those hilights?  

All I see in Create Mode is an orange circle next to each clip on the far the far left, but nothing on the clip itself.    The only "use" I see for adding hilights to a clip before you get to create mode is under the "filter" menu where you can then see all clips that have at least one hilight.  Is this the only use for adding a hilite BEFORE going to Create mode?  

GoPro

Re: Adding Hilights in View doesn't import to Create Mode?

[ New ]

Hello @waveflyer

Very good questions you got there. Which version of Quik for desktop app is installed on your computer? When videos with Hilights are opened in Create mode, the Hilight tags are carried over and are marked by orange dots on the video clips to the left of the page under Media. The dots which are located at marked parts on the video will make it easier for you to create your edited video. If this is not what you see or observe, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to make sure that you have the latest version. Let us know how it works out. 

Thanks, 

Marius

Hiker

[ New ]

I have the latest version .874 on Mac, you can see in this screen shot how the hilight tags look in Create mode, they are just all one dot on the far left.   Does this maybe have to do with the fact they are Hero 7 Timewarp Videos? 

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 6.00.58 PM.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @waveflyer

Thank you for the information.

We did some more research regarding this and found out that the current software version for Quik for Desktop does not detect HiLights tagged on a timewarp video.

However, HiLights(timewarp) are recognized by Quik for Mobile.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Oh thanks maybe you can update that on the next iteration.  I also noticed the mobile app has a guage of a satellite version of the GPS track map, where the Desktop app doesn't.  Usually we see the desktops apps have MORE features than the mobile app... let's get it up to speed!   Andrew

Other Desktop App Suggestions:

-Fold Studio into Quik (One Desktop App is much easier to work with than two)

-Add More Music and longer options to Quik than 60 seconds.  Music syncing is great, but need more options.

-Videos uploaded to YouTube using Quik get flagged as "3rd Party rights" on music tracks - get YouTube on the same page so videos aren't claimed as "copyright" violations using Quik Music.

-Add More GPS/Speed Gauges and allow 3rd Party Template Imports for specific sports.  (all you need to do is look at Garmin VIRB for inspiration on this) 

-Add more iMovie type options in Quik - Titles, Transistions, Custom Audio Track, Speed ect.  

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the feedback @waveflyer

This is noted and we'll have this raised to the team in charge.

All of our music and effects have copyrights, but we have licensed them for our customer's use. You can use the songs and effects in your videos as long as it is not for commercial use.
If YouTube or Facebook state that the songs have a copyright, choose to dispute. Sometimes other companies claim to own the copyrights to the same or very similar music.

You may also check: Quik for mobile Licensing Content Questions

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

Re: Example of YouTube Copyright claim from Quik Made Video

[ New ]

Here's a screenshot of what youtube sent me after I uploaded a video I made in GoPro Quik.  Is this supposed to happen?  

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 5.00.08 PM.png