Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist
Accepted Solution

60sec limit makes this entire app 100% useless

Why on earth does the desktop version of this app have such garbage features compared to the mobile/android version of the app???

60sec max on Quik edits are you kidding me? You also don't have any of the editing options like style etc. Hell even picking what footage you want from your raw footage is a frickin nightmare, also laggy as hell. 

I don't want to, but I'm going to have to edit my videos using 3rd party software.

I can't even edit my footage on my mobile/tablet because for some reason it is now taking 60mins to save a 12min clip from the camera to the mobile device. 

????????

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: 60sec limit makes this entire app 100% useless

Appreciate the feedback, @shakenbakeuk. In addition to allowing easy import of GoPro footage from the camera directly to your computer, the Quik for desktop is designed for quick edits/creation of highlights in your selected GoPro footage. Should you need a longer edited video, you may opt for Quik for mobile, or other programs. There is a list of programs here that can be used for viewing and editing your media. Best regards!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Appreciate the feedback, @shakenbakeuk. In addition to allowing easy import of GoPro footage from the camera directly to your computer, the Quik for desktop is designed for quick edits/creation of highlights in your selected GoPro footage. Should you need a longer edited video, you may opt for Quik for mobile, or other programs. There is a list of programs here that can be used for viewing and editing your media. Best regards!

Sightseer

Agreed, GoPro needs to fix this ASAP. 

Tourist

I cannot comprehend why an app for mobile devices has more features than an app for desktop computers XD

Tourist

very bad move from go pro :-(

looks like i might have to buy race renderer 

Sightseer

Полностью поддерживаю автора! Я уж думала это я тупая, но нет, оказывается программа для андроид реально лучше в миллион раз, чем программа дла PC!

Go PRO, решайте эту проблему побыстрее, иначе люди будут уходить от вас