Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

360 audio premiere

[ New ]

I'm importing files exported from Fusion Studio into Premiere CC and having difficulties with the 360 sound.

I'm making a "New sequence from clip" and getting a video track and four single audio tracks. How do I control and check the direction och each track?

I tried to apply the Ambisonics Binauralizer and Panner effects on the clips bit is says that the clip needs to be a 5.1 clip.

One of the recorded channels is also lower than the others. Is it something wrong with the camera mic?

What am I doing wrong?

2018-12-04_16-10-27.png

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: 360 audio premiere

[ New ]

The audio is going to be a blend of the mics to create the 360 effect. You should be able to see which channels are louder depending on which is getting more sound in that direction, and you can always mute individual tracks to see which direction the most direct audio is coming from. I'm attaching a quick test I just did. Each marker represents me speaking to a different side of the Fusion.

1. Rear (the side with the LCD)

2. Front

3. Left

4. Right

5. Front

6. Rear

7. Right

8. Left

9. Top

10. Bottom

As for the sound being lower on one channel, it's possible that the mic was covered by a finger or other object, but it's not unusual for a channel to be lower than the others. Like you, my channel 3 was the lowest.

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 12.11.50 PM.png

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

Re: 360 audio premiere

[ New ]

The audio is going to be a blend of the mics to create the 360 effect. You should be able to see which channels are louder depending on which is getting more sound in that direction, and you can always mute individual tracks to see which direction the most direct audio is coming from. I'm attaching a quick test I just did. Each marker represents me speaking to a different side of the Fusion.

1. Rear (the side with the LCD)

2. Front

3. Left

4. Right

5. Front

6. Rear

7. Right

8. Left

9. Top

10. Bottom

As for the sound being lower on one channel, it's possible that the mic was covered by a finger or other object, but it's not unusual for a channel to be lower than the others. Like you, my channel 3 was the lowest.

Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 12.11.50 PM.png