Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

360 MAX 60FPS export issue

[ New ]

Hi,

After updating to the new GoPro MAX firmware, I'm getting issues whenever I try to run the high framerate 360 video through the MAX Exporter. As show on the image below it seems that the stitching doesn't work correctly. Have anybody had the same issues, or found a solution to this?

2020-05-09 191053.png

When I load the footage from the camera onto the GoPro iOS app everything is good, and it can be reframed and is correctly stitched. It also still works when I shoot 5.6K in 30 FPS, but the 3K in 50 and 60 FPS doesn't work.

The issue occours in all resolutions and codecs; CineForm, HEVC, h.264 (5.6k, 4k and custom resolution as well (50/60 FPS))

• System: Windows 10, MAX Exporter 1.9.4.0 (assumed), HEVC-codec most recent version, GoPro MAX v1.50, Premiere Pro 2020 v14.0.1

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: 360 MAX 60FPS export issue

[ New ]

Hello, @spirycave34. Sorry for the trouble. Since our focus is on bringing out the GoPro Player as soon as possible, we chose not to update GoPro MAX Exporter for 3K 50fps/60fps support.

If you are shooting with 3K 50fps/60fps, you will need the GoPro Player Beta2 to render the .360 file correctly. You can still use GoPro MAX Exporter for all the 5.6K modes.

If you haven't yet, sign up to be part of the Beta testing group so you can have access to the latest build/version of the Player. To start, please fill out the form at https://forms.gle/fJgfm982PUPbn23D7

Please note that there will be no automatic response. The form just puts you on the list of those who will receive the email when the update is sent out. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @spirycave34. Sorry for the trouble. Since our focus is on bringing out the GoPro Player as soon as possible, we chose not to update GoPro MAX Exporter for 3K 50fps/60fps support.

If you are shooting with 3K 50fps/60fps, you will need the GoPro Player Beta2 to render the .360 file correctly. You can still use GoPro MAX Exporter for all the 5.6K modes.

If you haven't yet, sign up to be part of the Beta testing group so you can have access to the latest build/version of the Player. To start, please fill out the form at https://forms.gle/fJgfm982PUPbn23D7

Please note that there will be no automatic response. The form just puts you on the list of those who will receive the email when the update is sent out. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
Trovo problemi nell’esportare i file con il plugin per premiere pro.
Ho esportato i miei file registrati in 3k con gopro player in 3k e inseriti in premiere pro usando il plugin la qualità è pessima sembra tutto di bassissima qualita

I find it difficult to export files with the premiere pro plugin.
I exported my recorded files in 3k with gopro player in 3k and inserted in premiere pro using the plugin the quality is very bad everything seems very low quality
Tourist

[ New ]

Hello @mariustanya, thanks for your precise answer! Bummer that software is not ready for what was a sought update for the MAX. Joyful to be a part of the experiment called GoPro MAX, look forward to it being a breeze to own one.

I've signed up for the GoPro Player Beta2 access - can you tell me a date when the upcoming release of the beta access software is due? I have not recieved any mails yet.

Thanks! Have a good day and enjoy the weekend.

Br. Emil

Tourist

[ New ]
Yeah I also have this issue, which sucks as I record every at 60fps and the stitching is horrendous.. it's good that it will be fixed... I've signed up for the beta test and also to the pending entrance to the beta test Facebook group. Does anyone have a link for the beta test software as I'd love to try it..
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @thefatsurfer I waited some days for entrance to the facebook group and got a succesfull export by downloading the beta. Yesterday there came a update to the GoPro Player Beta, which you can download. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for your reply, I managed to squeeze my way into the Facebook group and the testing and feedback look promising... 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi,

Any news when the update will be available.  This thread is 3 month old and still no new information.

just filmed a project today in 3K 60fps and can't use it.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @mayartin. If you are shooting with 3K 50fps/60fps, you will need the GoPro Player for Windows to render the .360 file correctly. You can still use GoPro MAX Exporter for all the 5.6K modes.

If you go to the page and won't see the icon for Windows, make sure that the page is set to the US-English language. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you very much for this link, I thought I had to stop thinking about editing my 3K 60 FPS videos from the last production, now let's see how it works.