Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

180 degree video from Fusion

Hi!

Is there any way I can create 180degrees video, so viewers can watch in vr googles and look around 180deg but not beeing able to see “backstage”?

Kind regards
Szymon

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: 180 degree video from Fusion

There is no way to restrict the viewing movement of a persons VR experience to 180 degree's using the GoPro software.  However Occam's razor teaches us to use the simplest solution when confronted with a problem.  In this case, simply cover the lens pointed at the area you do not wish people to see.  This will result in your viewers having a 180 degree field of view, still be able to pan and move around but also stops them seeing things that are "out of frame".  

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hi @szymonr87405

You may have this done using a 3rd party application.

You may try to black out the other half of the video.

Let us know how it works out.

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Has anyone found a way to do this? I too am interested in only 180 degrees video without recording twice as much as I need to

Tourist

I am interested as wel!

Nomad

There is no way to restrict the viewing movement of a persons VR experience to 180 degree's using the GoPro software.  However Occam's razor teaches us to use the simplest solution when confronted with a problem.  In this case, simply cover the lens pointed at the area you do not wish people to see.  This will result in your viewers having a 180 degree field of view, still be able to pan and move around but also stops them seeing things that are "out of frame".  

Tourist

That is some next level workaround!

One reason I want to create a 180 degree video is to decrease the file size. I'm not sure I will accomplish that with covering one lens. Maybe with blacking out the other hald of the video as aragon1006 mentioned, but I don't know how to do that either.