Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

1, Files not downloadable from USB. 2.Quik for desktop states a newer version of windows is needed.

[ New ]

1. Everything has worked grea tsince I got my new Hero 8 last month, no issues with downloading from SD card, or the use of QUik for desktop.  I went to download the videos, and pics onto my desktop this morning and all it wanted to do was play them on Windows Media Player. PLease help. I did not buy this camera to use as a paperweight. 

GoPro

Re: 1, Files not downloadable from USB. 2.Quik for desktop states a newer version of windows is n...

[ New ]

Hi @snydlywhiplash

What error message are you getting?

You should be able to play the files saved on Quik using a different application like the Windows Media Player.

To do this, just locate the GoPro folder on your computer and select the file/s.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: 1, Files not downloadable from USB. 2.Quik for desktop states a newer version of windows is n...

[ New ]

This is the message I recieve when trying to download Quik for desktop. "the specified program requires a newer version of windows."

I have Windows 10 installed so not sure what the issue is. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @snydlywhiplash

Are you downloading the app from GoPro legacy software?

Please note that Quik for desktop is no longer in development.

You may also explore other desktop programs that can be used for the same purpose.

Moreover, the GoPro Quik app also supports importing, viewing, and editing GoPro media on a compatible mobile device.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes I used the Legacy software. I've had Quik installed and It has worked fine the past 30 days. But this afternoon I went to download the files on my desktop using SD card reader, and it never allowed me to do anything. It just went to playing on Windows Media Player.