Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Sightseer
How do I merge my 1 hr recording back into 1 video?
Hello, can you help? I have a GoPro9 and a Microsoft computer, Android phone. I've recorded several 1 hour videos (the latest was today of a walking trail) but because it is so big and cut into 8 minute chunks, I need something that will piece it all together and then shrink it down so I can upload on social media. What can you suggest? I'd also like to add words to it too... It would be great if the way to do it is free but I'll take other options as well. I'd like to know how to put together and publish all this great content I've recorded.... But I don't know how when it's this long.... Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Screenshot_20210812-103737.png
Sightseer
Re: How do I merge my 1 hr recording back into 1 video?
Hi, you can use the Quik app for windows. You need to either take the SD card out or connect the gopro using the USB cable to the PC in order to transfer the videos to the PC.
Sightseer
Rif.: How do I merge my 1 hr recording back into 1 video?

On Windows you can try "openshot video editor" at this url.

The reason because you have video splitted in files long 8:52 is there is a limit to 4GB for file on ex-fat file system