Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: have no sound when i upload gopro Quick

[ New ]

Hello, @cereilah1979c. We were able to pull up your Support case and we see it noted that the connection was interrupted. Support has been sending you emails to follow up. 

Which phone are you using and which OS is it on? Do you have the latest version of the app installed? If you haven't yet, Try manually connecting to the camera's WiFi network.  Send the app to the background and manually connect to the camera from your phone’s WiFi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera.

Make sure that your camera is in MTP mode. To do this, go to Preferences, then Connections, then USB Connection, then MTP. This should allow the transfer of media from the camera to your computer.

Tourist

[ New ]

Well yes they are videos that i recorded on the gopro hero3+ and when i uploaded the vids from the gopro to gopro quick and when i open the vids to view the vids there is no sound. and yes in the past there was sound.And it is the same sd card that i have been using for the last 6 years. and after each upload i delete the vids from the camera to start fresh. It does not give me any options to switch to another media player that is why i use quick gopro.

Tourist

[ New ]

I AM NOT USING ANY PHONE WHERE DID I EVER SAY THAT I WAS USING A PHONE. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dong3133

The response regarding the phone model was for another user on the thread.

To help isolate the issue with the files, it will be best to test it with a different player.

See Programs to View and Edit Videos

Can you also share the brand, type, and capacity of the SD card you are using?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

The response I got from customer service has been to reconnect again through chat which i have been doing at least 5 times a week. I have since waited for another call and requested for a call back using the same case number. So far, none.

Anyways, I am using IOS 14.3 . I have set the camera to MTP as you have instructed . I aslo tried adding a camera to the app. It said camera not found. Then i selected Hero 8 ... said No Go pro detected. 

I am able to transfer the files using the SD card to my IMAC . The files have no sound. This wasnt the case before the launch of the new update. I have had no troubles sending the files throuhg cloud and definitely not having sound issues like the other two customers who made comments on this thread. 

I appreciate your response. It has been a couple of months of dealing with this. I hope you understand how frustrating it can get. 

Thank you

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @cereilah1979

Sorry for any trouble caused.

We have recently released an update for the GoPro App and the HERO8 Black.

Please make sure you are on the latest version.

Regarding the case, we'll have this followed up with the team.

Your case has been assigned back to the queue and Support will be reaching out to you soon.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: have no sound when i upload to gopro Quick

[ New ]
Well i am lost like i said i have a gopro hero+3 and when i try to upload to gopro quick and open the file in gopro quick... the videos have no sound. i am not using no phone. i do not have a hero8 or ant other gopro it is a gopro hero+3...
GoPro

Re: have no sound when i upload to gopro Quick

[ New ]

@dong3133, do you get the same results when you playback the videos directly on your computer using a media player such as VLC or Windows Media Player? The issue could also be correlated with broken playback on Quik for desktop. The troubleshooting steps here How to Correct Choppy or Broken Up Playback might help.