Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

wont sync and have no sound

[ New ]

camera doesnt have sound when video is uploaded. App wont detect camera. I have done hard reset, factory reset, reinstalled app, reset my phone, etc. After doing all that, the person i was chatting with hung up. My camera is still not detected by my phone app.

Please know that I live on Guam and you are only able to call me if you are using internet to call. Otherwise, please dont tell me that I have an invalid number.

My camera is working but it is not being found by the app. This has started happening since I updated the app on the camera and on the phone. Please tell me what other steps to take. I also want to have my camera replaced if this is an app issue on your end. I have been trying to reach out since early October . Please help.

GoPro

Re: wont sync and have no sound

[ New ]

@cereilah1979, sorry to hear about the trouble. I have a few troubleshooting suggestions that will help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set. 

Let us know how it goes.

Tourist

Re: have no sound when i upload gopro Quick

[ New ]

cannot figure out how to turn on sound in settings. no sound when i upload to gopro Quick ???????. help 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dong3133

Are you referring to Quik for mobile or desktop?

Do you observe the same when using other applications?

Are you able to play the files back on your camera?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

desktop. like i said when i upload the files to my computer and open the videos there is no sound when i play the videos. the volume is set at 100% on the go pro hero+3. but there is no sound when i play the video on my desk top. And there is no option to play the files on my gopro+3..

Tourist

Re: wont sync and have no sound

[ New ]

Hello. I took all the steps youve suggested but it still tells me that there is no Gopro device detected. :(

Tourist

[ New ]

It seems like I am not the only one who is having sound problem. All my videos do not have sound since the update of the app in October. I have been calling and requesting help from customer service but they have yet to help. The only thing they suggest is to pay the $$ to replace my camera which was working well until the update. Funny how they now have Hero 9 .Very suspicious.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @dong3133. Are these regular videos? Is this a recent observation? Has the camera been able to record videos with audio before? If you can, see if using a different media player makes a difference. 

Which SD card are you using? The information on the brand, type, and capacity will be helpful. Thanks!