Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

will only record 2 minuets

hi guys 

i bought my goro hero second hand efery thing was great ok batt life wasnt the best but hey its second hand. problem has just atarted with it tho when ever i try record it records for 2 minuets then refuses to record any more when it stopped this morning i hit record agaon then it didnt record anything then i hit it again only to find out when i got home it had frozen and not recorded anything other than the first two minuets of the whole rid. i have looked for updates but tells me im running the latest 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: will only record 2 minuets

Hello, @craigg10523. Which SD card are you using? The brand name, type, and capacity will be helpful information. See if your card is among the recommended ones on this list

If it is, we recommend that you format the card (after saving your media) following these steps. Then, perform a manual firmware update to clear out any possible issue with the current installation. Do this even if the camera may already have the latest firmware. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. Be sure to select the correct camera model. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks! 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @craigg10523. Which SD card are you using? The brand name, type, and capacity will be helpful information. See if your card is among the recommended ones on this list

If it is, we recommend that you format the card (after saving your media) following these steps. Then, perform a manual firmware update to clear out any possible issue with the current installation. Do this even if the camera may already have the latest firmware. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. Be sure to select the correct camera model. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks! 

Highlighted
Tourist

thanks for the reply camera not even charging now. will charg for bout 5 mins when i plug into pc it opens gopro quick but it dosnt recognise the camera and the camera shets down 

Highlighted
Tourist

Scrap that was using wrong cable lol
Highlighted
Tourist

think i have sorted it put a diff sd card in and it seems to be working again