Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

wifi on when camera is switched on

Is there a way to have the gopro wifi active when the camera is switched on? My cameras are connected to an external power source so no issues with battery life.

I am looking to activate all cameras to record at the same time using the wifi remote but for this the wifi needs to be on. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: wifi on when camera is switched on

Hello, @rockyboost0710. Which camera models are you using? The camera should be able to keep the Wi-Fi settings even if powered off. For a HERO8 Black camera, for example, setting the Wireless Connections to ON will always have the Wi-Fi enabled even if the camera turns off. This setting will only be changed if manually done so or when a factory reset is performed. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello Mariustanya. Thank you for your reply. Yes I have a Hero 7 which does have that function. Is it possible for the Hero 3+, black and 4 to have the same function?

Highlighted
GoPro

The HERO4 and HERO3+ cameras have the same function, only the operation is different. For this model, you will have to press and hold the settings button on the side of the camera to turn the Wi-Fi on. It is only when this button is pressed and held again the Wi-Fi will be turned off.

Highlighted
Tourist

OK thanks. So to be sure, you are saying there is no setting function that can be enabled to allow either the Hero 3 or 4 cameras to have WiFi activated during camera switch on?

Highlighted
GoPro

The camera should also keep the Wi-Fi settings even if it is powered off. The Wi-Fi can only be turned off manually. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you Mariustanya, I understand what you are saying however I would like the WiFi to remain on even when the Hero 3 or 4 is turned off and the battery removed. This is because I use the cameras on external power and in this way the WiFi is not on when power is re-applied. It is not a big issue but it would be nice.