Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

wifi not working

[ New ]

The WiFi of my Hero Session does not appear on my phone, i cycle through to Select Control and APP but when i hit the Shutter button nothing happens.  It will record video but I have no way to upload it via Wifi to my phone or connected via cable to my Mac via GoPro Quick as the software doesnt see the camera either. Help!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: wifi not working

[ New ]

Hi @robbo63

Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings.
Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro.
Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @robbo63

Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings.
Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro.
Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Happened to me as well. Tried all the reconnect- my solution was to buy a micro sd card reader that fits into my iphone. Have to insert the card into the reader and it showes up on the iphone. Cant do wifi anymore. 

Tourist

[ New ]
I have the same problem, but i recently broke my old phone that had the camera synced to it so im unable to remove the camera from that phone. Where should I go from here?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @hahayes

Are you having troubles pairing the camera to another phone?

If you no longer remember the password, please go over the steps on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Camera-Settings/ta-p/388279

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I can sign in its just that when I go to click select app control nothing happens
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @hahayes

Please try running a manual update. https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero_session

Should it still be the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
I have exactly the same problem! The firmware did not help! It is possible to download another version of the firmware, for example 1.5 ???