Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

wifi immediately turning off (HERO4 Black)

[ New ]

I've reset my camera to facory settings, and now, whilst trying to turn on the wifi it immediately turns off. I've reset wifi settings and done all the things that gopro recomends, but i dont find any solution. 

Please be kind and help me.

In advance, thanks. 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: wifi immediately turning off (HERO4 Black)

[ New ]

Hi @coolcliff663

May I know how do you turn it off? 

If you're using the physical Wi-Fi button try to use the manual way to turn it on. 

Go into setup menu and select the wireless tab and then turn on the Wi-fi.  While you are within the wireless tab  select Pair/connect and then select the Gopro App.and then it will show a pin number to pair with the mobile device. Go to you phone and turn on the gopro App.

select connect to camera and it then should find the camera and then pair the two together. 

Please check this link: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/WiFi-not-turning-on-in-Hero-4-Silver/td-p/772

Best Regards,

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: wifi immediately turning off (HERO4 Black)

[ New ]

Hi @coolcliff663

May I know how do you turn it off? 

If you're using the physical Wi-Fi button try to use the manual way to turn it on. 

Go into setup menu and select the wireless tab and then turn on the Wi-fi.  While you are within the wireless tab  select Pair/connect and then select the Gopro App.and then it will show a pin number to pair with the mobile device. Go to you phone and turn on the gopro App.

select connect to camera and it then should find the camera and then pair the two together. 

Please check this link: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/WiFi-not-turning-on-in-Hero-4-Silver/td-p/772

Best Regards,

-Jay