Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

why does gopro app only work with iphone

Hi I have a Hero 4 black and would like to know why does gopro app only work with iphone and not my laptop which has wifi?

Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: why does gopro app only work with iphone

Hello, @colinu48. The GoPro App is designed to work with mobile devices. If you would like to access, view, and edit your GoPro footage using your laptop, you may use any of these programs

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Mariustanyaa, thanks for reply. I have GoPro Quik & Studio on my laptop for editing by either attaching camera via cable or by inserting memory card.

What I would like to know is, why can you only stream pictures from Hero 4 black to a mobile phone when this done using wifi, my laptop has wifi so why not have an app for Windows?. This is not a gripe just a question as I really like my camera and would like to use it to its full potential.

Thanks again

Colin

Highlighted
GoPro

@colinu48, desktop programs were designed differently than mobile applications. We appreciate the feedback. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks aenriquez for the reply and passing on to team in charge.

Colin