Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

why do i get this contstant error messages when opening the gopro app on android? gopro constant me

Hello gopro

this error message appears ALL the time for a new gopro 7, i have to keep pressing "allow once" 2 or three times every time i want to connect or open the app...

Gopro is trying to wifi turn on or off

deny once

allow once

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: why do i get this contstant error messages when opening the gopro app on android? gopro constan

It's most likely something to do with your phone. Some phones don't like connecting to the camera because it does not provide Internet access, only a Wi-Fi connection.

You can try the following steps and see if it corrects the issue, but it might just be your phone.
1) Using a USB/SD adapter and your computer, install a manual firmware update on the camera https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black (Choose, "Update your camera Manually")
2) Factory Reset the camera (Go to Preferences>Reset>Factory Reset)
3) Delete the app from your phone
4) Remove/delete/forget all instances of the GoPro camera from your Wi-Fi and BlueTooth
5) Restart your phone and install the app
6) Turn your camera on
7) Press the (+) on the app to add the camera automatically
Be sure to allow all permissions on your phone when adding the camera
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: why do i get this contstant error messages when opening the gopro app on android? gopro constan

Thanks for the reply DanielR15 !

Gave that a go, no joy...