Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

why do i get this contstant error messages when opening the gopro app on android? gopro constant me

[ New ]

Hello gopro

this error message appears ALL the time for a new gopro 7, i have to keep pressing "allow once" 2 or three times every time i want to connect or open the app...

Gopro is trying to wifi turn on or off

deny once

allow once

Explorer

Re: why do i get this contstant error messages when opening the gopro app on android? gopro constan

[ New ]
It's most likely something to do with your phone. Some phones don't like connecting to the camera because it does not provide Internet access, only a Wi-Fi connection.

You can try the following steps and see if it corrects the issue, but it might just be your phone.
1) Using a USB/SD adapter and your computer, install a manual firmware update on the camera https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black (Choose, "Update your camera Manually")
2) Factory Reset the camera (Go to Preferences>Reset>Factory Reset)
3) Delete the app from your phone
4) Remove/delete/forget all instances of the GoPro camera from your Wi-Fi and BlueTooth
5) Restart your phone and install the app
6) Turn your camera on
7) Press the (+) on the app to add the camera automatically
Be sure to allow all permissions on your phone when adding the camera
Tourist

Re: why do i get this contstant error messages when opening the gopro app on android? gopro constan

[ New ]

Thanks for the reply DanielR15 !

Gave that a go, no joy...