Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

when will gopro sort my gps guages issue out

When is Gopro going to sort out the GPS guage issue out with the hero 8 black?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: when will gopro sort my gps guages issue out

Hello, @colin3793. What seems to be the issue with the GPS gauges on your HERO8 Black camera? Is the camera unable to capture GPS? Currently, Quik for desktop doesn’t support telemetry gauges for your HERO8 Black camera.

In the meantime, the GoPro App on iOS and Android can add telemetry gauges using GPS performance stickers. These instructions will guide you on how to view stickers in the GoPro App. For more tips on capturing GPS, you may check out this thread

Highlighted
Nomad

According to GoPro investor release notes, new GoPro application (possibly Mural) being targeted for a "Fall" release date.  

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Yeah that is when the Hero 9, and the newer Max will air.  thing is "speculations" no one at gopro themselves here knows what goes on, we say they are not allowed to talk. and  this is more a user issued site. I bought my gopro for GPS. its nearly a year old ,  Iwant a refund . oh it does not go my way I want the highway.   heat got to me 

Highlighted
Tourist

My camera's gps is on and working fine as I have checked on the telematory site but my android app dose not support it or thedesktop app.
I think this is very poor from such a large company to not even be able to sort out a software issue. Afterall the guages are one of the reasons I bought gopro and not another brand
Highlighted
Nomad

If the mobile app does not show the data, it's usually because the signal is not strong enough for it. You can find some tips on how to improve that here https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Metadata-Visualization-GPS/GoPro-GPS-not-working-Performance-st...

Make sure you are using the GoPro App, NOT QUICK for Android on iOS.

On the other hand, if you wanted to edit your video on a computer, or even enable the GPS data in Quik, here are some resources https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Telemetry-GPS-overlays/GoPro-Telemetry-Resources-software/gpm-p...