Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

whcih is the nest shooting mode with my gopro 4 ? 2,7k with 25 fps or 4k 15 fps?

I've just made a film with my gopro 4 silver at 4k with 12,5 fps but images seems not fluid: why?

too low fps? should I move to 2,7k with 25 fps? 

suggestions welcome...

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: whcih is the nest shooting mode with my gopro 4 ? 2,7k with 25 fps or 4k 15 fps?

Hi @stoutridge83646,

I would recommend shooting in a lower resolution so your computer can handle the processing of the videos. Depending on what you are shooting I would recommend 1080 60 fps as this is a good all around mode and is still HD. If you are trying to shoot in 4K make sure your system meets these specs: https://gopro.com/help/articles/Question_Answer/Minimum-System-Requirements-for-4K-Editing-and-Playb...

Best,

Ryan 

Tourist

Re: whcih is the nest shooting mode with my gopro 4 ? 2,7k with 25 fps or 4k 15 fps?

hi @ryanv12566

the issue is that with 4k it looks like that film is not so fluid whith cars, eople running etc etc... is it a matter of pc as you were suggesting or of resulution/ fps? shooting at 2,7 (2x vs 4k) with more fps whouldnt solve the issue? is the fps the solution?

GoPro

Hi @stoutridge83646,

It s most likely related to the device you are using. I would try to increase the fps if the videos are choppy however. If you are recording fast moving objects it is best to have a higher frame rate.

Best,

Ryan