Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

what is gopros contact email address

I have had ongoing issues with a hero 5 session. 

1. There is a huge delay of 3-5 seconds from pushing the button to actually starting a recording

2. I have had constant issues getting the camera to connect with a phone. I have owned 3 different phones since having the gopro and each one has the same issue and rarely connects to the gopro. The gopro is the common component.

So I have tried to contact gopro on numerous occasions. The "24/7" chat is not actually 24/7 and always comes up closed when I try to use it. The phone number is also only staffed in business hours. Due to my work hours and type of work its very difficult for me to get time to contact gopro in these times.

Where is gopros email address?

This is a modern tech company. How is it possible they do not have an email address?

I cant find it anywhere.

Can someone please provide me with a contact email so I can make a formal complaint to Gopro in writing. I feel Gopro have gone down the path of not having an email address listed so they can avoid formal written correspondence with unhappy customers. This is a very dodgy tactic and makes me question the values of the company.

I will never be buying another gopro again.

Please supply an email address so I can formalise my complaint to your company gopro.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: what is gopros contact email address

@jetabbyellie wrote:

I have had ongoing issues with a hero 5 session. 

1. There is a huge delay of 3-5 seconds from pushing the button to actually starting a recording

2. I have had constant issues getting the camera to connect with a phone. I have owned 3 different phones since having the gopro and each one has the same issue and rarely connects to the gopro. The gopro is the common component.

So I have tried to contact gopro on numerous occasions. The "24/7" chat is not actually 24/7 and always comes up closed when I try to use it. The phone number is also only staffed in business hours. Due to my work hours and type of work its very difficult for me to get time to contact gopro in these times.

Where is gopros email address?

This is a modern tech company. How is it possible they do not have an email address?

I cant find it anywhere.

Can someone please provide me with a contact email so I can make a formal complaint to Gopro in writing. I feel Gopro have gone down the path of not having an email address listed so they can avoid formal written correspondence with unhappy customers. This is a very dodgy tactic and makes me question the values of the company.

I will never be buying another gopro again.

Please supply an email address so I can formalise my complaint to your company gopro.

No. 1 that is  quite normal. the lag   you  will never press  the quickcapter and record in 1 second, maybe on a Sony or DSLR or other cam, not gopro.

No, 2   I hear ya Apple I own works  as  expected.

On any page at teh bottom you can reach out to gopro 

good luck

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

The lag may be normal for gopro but a contour I owned before recorded immediately on button push. I don't know how an "action cam" can pass quality control without being able to immediately record "action".

Apple may work as expected but what's the point in only working for the minority of mobile phones? It makes more sense to ensure good android compatibility first. But I see no reason why they can't achieve both.

Yes, contact us is at the bottom of every page and nowhere in the contact us page does it list an email address.
Highlighted
Adventurer

been that way, opro  does not want a  start and go camera, using  or do not know how to  lessen the lag on start up.  Maybe they want everything to work right?  For the Smartphone, it is what it is.   For email

its .gopro.com  Customersupport@gopro.com  with a refrence number or else  it will be  n/a 

Highlighted
Tourist

So they do have an email address. It would be good if they actually listed it so people can contact them in writing.
Thanks for that.
So do you mean they will not respond if the email does not have a reference number?
I guess the other alternative is to post my letter to them publicly to all their (and my) social media pages and see if they respond?
Highlighted
Adventurer

Yes,  They stopped.  they needed a better way to handle things.   I guess that may be the best way 

Highlighted
Tourist

May as well stay here

Good morning
I have had constant issues since purchasing a gopro hero 5 session. These issues include:

1. 3-5 second delay to stay recording. This is very frustrating for an "action camera" and I often miss the start of the action I am recording.
2. When long videos are automatically split into sections by the device I have several seconds of missing footage. May be related to number 1.
3. Both the record button and i button are slow to respond and the device constantly freezes up while navigating menus
4. The gopro will not connect to a smartphone 95% of the time. I have tried a number of different model phones and different settings and the result is always the same.
5. Gopro studio is very glitchy and occasionally does not complete functions like title editing where the title is changed in the dialog box but on the video it still says "title".
6. It has been a nightmare to contact gopro about these issues. On the gopro website the ”contact us" page provides a call us and chat us option. Call us says business hours which is not possible for me due to my type of work and work hours. Chat us says 24/7 but then says it's closed.
An email address was not provided. This is ridiculous and the only reason I can think of is gopro is trying to avoid written complaints. I had to post in the gopro community and have another customer provide the email address.
This should not be required.

I am extremely disappointed with my experience with gopro. The last camera I had was a contour and it had none of these issues. I was convinced to spend more money on a "better product". Gopro is not a better product.

I believe the camera does not do what it is advertised to and will be taking the issue up with fair trading if there is no resolution.

I was willing to discuss the matter first but after weeks of stuffing around just trying to find an email address I have no patience left.

Regards
Highlighted
Tourist

*start here