Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

what is best micro card to use for Gopro 6hero black

Is this card the best for the GOPRO Hero6 Black SanDisk Extreme 128GB microSDXC UHS-3 Card - SDSQXAF-128G-GN6MA [Newest Version]

Or is it better to use a bigger GB card? and is this the best brand?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: what is best micro card to use for Gopro 6hero black

I personally wouldn't use SanDisk due to their reliability issues with the Ultra line of cards. I also wouldn't use such a big card unless you need to record that long at once or cannot switch cards (ex. the camera is mounted out of reach). It's safer to use multiple small cards to prevent losing all of your media in the event of a data corruption or lost card. Many users recommend the Lexar 633x line, and I find it works perfectly.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @loyaldawn38483,

128 should be good enough. 
Don't go higher than that. 

Please check this link: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Best Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Nomad

I personally wouldn't use SanDisk due to their reliability issues with the Ultra line of cards. I also wouldn't use such a big card unless you need to record that long at once or cannot switch cards (ex. the camera is mounted out of reach). It's safer to use multiple small cards to prevent losing all of your media in the event of a data corruption or lost card. Many users recommend the Lexar 633x line, and I find it works perfectly.