Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

waterproof housing blurs from heat

[ New ]

good evening.

I recently bought a new hero 7 black dusk white edition, the camera after a while is heated up, and when i use it in a waterproof housing the lens section is getting blur from the difference of the temp. i send it on the official service in my country and they did an update but the problem is still here.

is there any sollution or anything that i can do ?

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: waterproof housing blurs from heat

[ New ]

If you are using it in a wateproof housing underwater then you're most likely getting condensation on the inside of the housing and this is causing your blur.  The exact same fogging happens on swimming googles and facemasks etc.

In this case you just need to purchase some antifog inserts and put them into your waterproof housing when you go to dive.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

[ New ]

If you are using it in a wateproof housing underwater then you're most likely getting condensation on the inside of the housing and this is causing your blur.  The exact same fogging happens on swimming googles and facemasks etc.

In this case you just need to purchase some antifog inserts and put them into your waterproof housing when you go to dive.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you for your reply. But this fogging is happening and outside the water. When I mount it on my motorbike helmet
Backpacker

[ New ]

Then your camera is still having condensation issues due to the different temps and relative humidity.  Unless you dry out your camera properly in a dry environment with a relative low humidity level and then seal it, you will continue to get fogging on the lens.  Funnily enough the way to prevent this is that when mounted on your helmet, keep it in the dive case and put anti fog inserts in the dive case.