Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

voice command

[ New ]

Hi.  Looking for some help!   I have the Hero 7 Black and will mostly use it motorcycling.  I set up the camera and microphone to my helmet and whilst sat in my house it responds well to voice commands.   However on the road it totally fails to work - the mike is directly in front of my mouth inside a full face helmet.  Even shouting commands elicits zero response.  

The voice command bit is what attracted me to the Hero 7 so i really want/need it to work.

Any ideas?

Adventurer

Re: voice command

[ New ]

sorry to hear that. I wonder if  setting up the  manual wid, will help it's located  in protunes so make sure you now set the protunes as well up do a   test and see if that helps.  or maybe you need to put in a supersuit or pit a wind sock on.   jsut some thoughts out loud.

Tourist

[ New ]

Many thanks for your reply.,  I have looked at protunes, changed the setting and will give it a go.

Tourist

[ New ]

Further to my earlier question about voice commands, the microphone perfectly captured my voice when I was talking during recording and riding at the same time.  It seems odd that I can record yet the camera couldnt hear voice commands!

I have change the microphone setting to wind so will test it out soon but wonder if this mirrors anyone elses experience?