Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

video playback on computer

Hi gopro, I just got a gopro hero4 silver, i went to go watch a video i took on my computer, and even on vlc it was very laggy. I copyed the file to my hard drive and that didnt even help! Mind you, i do have 16 GB of RAM and an intel core i5. plz help!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: video playback on computer

Hello, @livelyoasi1103. Are you able to playback the video on your camera? Does it show the quality issue that you observe on your computer? Which resolution settings were used for the recording?

There are troubleshooting steps here for you to try. To further isolate the issue, also see if using a different media player makes a difference. 

By the way, which SD card is used in your camera? The information on the brand, type, and capacity will be helpful. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

i have a class 10 sandisk memory card. i tryed 1080 60, and 720. they both lagged. i did use didfferent media players and stuff. 

Highlighted
Tourist

i can play the video but its very laggy
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

@livelyoasi1103, if you're able to playback the videos on your camera without issues, the choppy or broken playback usually has something to do with the system/device not being able to process the data of the large HD video files fast enough.

Did you still experience the playback issue when using VLC Media Player?

Also, did you locally copy the files from the SD card into your computer?