Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

video playback is in fast foward

[ New ]

So today I shot some video with my dog. When I came home and looked at the videos using Gopro Studio all the clips were in fast forward and not normal speed. I tried playback in another video player and they also playback very fast. So I shot another video with the same settings and it plays at normal speed. Any idea what happened or how to fix it so I can actually watch my clips instead of at 4x speed?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: video playback is in fast foward

[ New ]

Hi @slgray49

Is it possible that the camera was set to time lapse when the recording was done?

You may try to lower the video speed in GoPro Studio. The option is on Step 2 under Video Controls.

See if this works out fine. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @slgray49

Is it possible that the camera was set to time lapse when the recording was done?

You may try to lower the video speed in GoPro Studio. The option is on Step 2 under Video Controls.

See if this works out fine. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

That was the problem. I somehow switched to timelapse without realizing it. Is there a way to convert the video to a normal video? Thanks

Nomad

[ New ]

No, you can't really convert it to a video. The timelapse takes a picture every few seconds or so, and you video will play at around 1/3 FPS because there isn't anything to fill the gap between each frame.