Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

video only shows up on camera

I have videos on my SD card all the way back to 2017. I took two videos this week and can view them on my camera. But the videos do not even show up on my gopro app on my phone or on the SD card when I insert it into my computer. I did not change any resolution settings. I also took another test video today and that shows up on my phone app and my computer. Why are two videos from earlier this week (taken on the same day) not even showing up on my phone app when I connect to the camera OR when I plug the SD card into my computer - I've never had this issue before - I've done this hundreds of times with my GoPro Hero 4 Silver.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: video only shows up on camera

Hello, @sweetsurf1065. Scan through your media library and see if the videos from earlier this week may have been incorrectly dated and could be under a different timeline. This happens when the camera is used for the first time after a long period of non-usage. The more recent media could be showing up with the correct date already. The moment the camera is paired with the app (for the first time in a long time as well), its date is auto-corrected. Let us know what you find out. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you - this worked. They were listed under Jan 1 2015. And yes it has been a while since I used my camera.
Highlighted
GoPro

Great to know that you found your media. We appreciate the update. Now that your camera's date and time settings have been corrected, your media should show up chronologically. Enjoy using your GoPro!