Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

video freeze - only sound recorded

My Hero 6 suddenly started to randomly stop recording movie after 10-20 sek but keep on recording sound with a freezing image. 
Have worked perfectly for more than a year. The problem is the same on three different SD Cards that is on the recommended list.
It is not every recording that fail, but about 40% - Firmware updated to latest. All SD cards is formatted in camera before use.

Problem started last week out of nothing. What can i do ?

Best regards 

Carsten

Denmark

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: video freeze - only sound recorded

Hello @wadu and @toughflare7330. Are you both using recommended SD cards on your HERO6 Black? As freezing is an indication of an issue with either the camera firmware or the SD card used, make sure to format your cards prior to using them again. 

If you haven't yet, reflash camera firmware following the steps under Manual Update here. Do this even if the camera may already have the latest firmware (if not manually done). For further assistance, our Support team may be reached through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Sightseer

So hoping to get a valid response. Mine just began doing the same thing.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @wadu and @toughflare7330. Are you both using recommended SD cards on your HERO6 Black? As freezing is an indication of an issue with either the camera firmware or the SD card used, make sure to format your cards prior to using them again. 

If you haven't yet, reflash camera firmware following the steps under Manual Update here. Do this even if the camera may already have the latest firmware (if not manually done). For further assistance, our Support team may be reached through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .