Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

using gopro with atem mini pro

[ New ]

Hi everyone, 

I can't find the answer to this question. I just got off tech support and the answer was a no, but I don't the tech understood the question.

Can use gopro's with a video switcher? my 4 keeps turning off after a while. I bet I can set it to record and do something with it that way. 

I like gopros and like. their size. I just want to mount 2 or 3 on my walls and use them with the ATEM. 

So the question is, how do I leave the gopro on (and it does not turn off) while I'm streaming or recording with the ATEM mini pro or any other switcher. I realize this has nothing to do with the ATEM. 

Maybe the 4 doesn't do it, but later models do? 

Thanks,

Tony Miceli

Thank you for any help you can spare. 

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: using gopro with atem mini pro

[ New ]

where do i get an external power source?

Online, In a store, I mean seriously, you can pick one up anywhere depending on what you want.  Power bank, wall socket with your USB cable plugged in etc.

Will that work with the media mod?

Yes it will, in fact I find it easier to just plug in the power into the media mod as it leaves the mini HDMI and Mic in free.

Also, this might be a dumb question but does the camera have to be recording to use as a webcam?

No it does not. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

Make sure that you remove the gopro's internal battery first.  Then hook it up to an external power supply.  Make sure that the power saving option is set to "never" and your GoPro should stay powered on as long as it's hooked up to an external power supply.

Sightseer

[ New ]

that's a big help. super big thank you! 

Sightseer

[ New ]

this is great, where do i get an external power source? Will that work with the media mod? Also, this might be a dumb question but does the camera have to be recording to use as a webcam?

Nomad

[ New ]

where do i get an external power source?

Online, In a store, I mean seriously, you can pick one up anywhere depending on what you want.  Power bank, wall socket with your USB cable plugged in etc.

Will that work with the media mod?

Yes it will, in fact I find it easier to just plug in the power into the media mod as it leaves the mini HDMI and Mic in free.

Also, this might be a dumb question but does the camera have to be recording to use as a webcam?

No it does not.