Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

usb non connection

I have tried all suggestions put forward, but my gopro hero 7 black will not connect via usb port. HELP PLEASE I do not want to take out SD card each time as a workaround.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: usb non connection

Hi @swiftstorm50716

Please go over the steps on Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port

If you are using a Windows computer, go to Device Manager> Find GoPro> Select "Disable" then "Enable".

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Adventurer

Please check to see if the seriel is on the camera in the about camera?     on the PC   if you hook up do you at least see any USB Icon?  I say this because that was my xperience

Highlighted
Hiker

@aragon1006 Good morning, many thanks for your reply. I have gone over all the steps in your link more than once to be sure. The only workable point is removing SD card putting it in adaptor and inserting in computer slot. Ref  

"go to Device Manager> Find GoPro> Select "Disable" then "Enable".  " When I go to Device manager there is no GoPro to disable enable.

So Bac to square 1.

Highlighted
Hiker

@fishycomics  thank you for your reply. I do not have the USB symbol  on the gopro when I connect to  the lap top. In camera info I have Camera name, 

NO SERIAL NUMBER 

Version  1.80.

From your experience how do I resolve this problem please.

Highlighted
Adventurer

@swiftstorm50716   No seriel your firmware is CURUUPTED do get in contact now with gopro.  they will walk you through the steps to reload firmware. that wil lnot do a thing but you have to    be prepared.

1 take a photo of the product, showing the About camera info.

2. take a photo of your reciept  the date it was purchse  and plus pkg if have>

3. take a photo of the problem.

Take out the sd card, open the  driver look for the Misc folder and look for Info in there you should have a seriel number it may be gone as well two other places the battery area and box it came in

gopro wil lRMA you in 30 minutes if accepted for  A replacement.   

Device manager will not show th gopro name  but in the win 10   and if I have to guess not knowing you are a PC user lol  you needed to tell us that at the start.

on settings... device you'll see gopro on devices if hte camera is  hooked up. and working

On settings .. device manager... USB serielbuss controller only usb  will be said not the cameras name you see three others. for example a sd  card reader, a usb port 3.0 and  etc.

Untitled.png

how to   correc the MTB...

hold the Windows Icon and R key  or see this note

Method 2: Install wpdmtp.inf from Windows' own directories
  1. Hold the Windows Key and Press R. Type %systemroot%\INF.
  2. Inside that directory, find wpdmtp.inf. You can use the search bar in the top right corner to help you.
  3. When you find it, right-click it and choose install from the menu.

Untitled.png

Highlighted
Hiker

@ fishycomics. Thank you for your extensisve response. I will try contacting GoPro. However I bought the camera on line from what I now know to be a dubious source.So......

Your proposed solution is a bit too much for me with my scant knowledge of computers and your sreen shot obscures instructions perhaps?.  I may just have to bite the bullet /eat the frog take the hit.Again many thanks.Paul.

Highlighted
Adventurer

@swiftstorm50716  Pick the phone up call gopro .  get a RMA   report back. 

FISH